1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Its Fiat brand Tutela.

Don't ignore if u wish to maintain ur extended warranty. i changed it around during 25th month (45000 kms) inspite the dealer saying not required.It paid off as at 59000 kms my rack got changed under extended warranty.imagine I had to shell or Rs.25000 if I had listen to the dealer or ignored it.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There's no such thing as a free lunch :)

For all the benefits of staying in warranty, we have to observe the recommended service schedule.

Cheers.
  3. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks varin and guruji for replying.

Yeah I know there is nothing free, its just perceived free :) But in this case the labor was FREE ;)

Regardless, I went ahead and changed everything according to schedule. I thought its going to cost a bomb but no it was quite okay. Here is the summary of what was changed and I almost paid 7k.

IMG_20130223_212908.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

One thing to note here is that the wiremesh filter has gone more expensive. Earlier it was odd 50 bucks now its 176. Don't know if it was reverted back to pollen.
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Its been 29k kms now on ODO and one thing that always embarrassed me since I posted this thread was that I complained about brake pads too soon. May be I was just too much concerned initially on every perceived abnormality of my car.

So here I am again to correct myself with this statement.

Its been 29k kms so far and I HAVEN'T CHANGED THE BRAKE PADS EVEN ONCE. Not just that the brakes still have 3-4 mm compound left and SA assured me I can still juice them for another several thousand kms. I believe they have paid their worth and I can't be happier than this.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  5. Re: Punto Brake Pad Thickness

Mods I request you to close the thread as the said problem is solved

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You have very precisely defined why FIAT has a problem in the mass market.

BTW, hats off to you for having the courage and integrity to come out and correct yourself publicly. I salute you for that. I only wish more people were like you in day-to-day life. Our world would be a far more nicer place to live, wouldn't it?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok may be OT for this thread, but this is what i observed during my driving classes. I regularly ride Ikon, but couple of times i took Swift. Now both cars are well maintain but the idling is more in Swift than to Ikon. So what happens is, in the dirty road or in the city (traffic or narrow roads) even though i do not press acceleration at all, the car is already moving at a pace of 15 (Speedometer) and some times more. So what i always do in this situation is always have break and clutch some what pressed. So may be due to this the break pads worn out very fast? I guess so. Now lately the ikon started behaving the same too :O

P.S: I am no expert in cars/driving, so may be i am wrong.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    7k includes the elastic pad and the front shock absorber so that's a very reasonable amount. :)
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Shocks and pads are in warranty
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Ah, bugger me. :)