1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

@Shanmugam - Apologies for the harsher, earlier post. To me what defies logic is - one spends 50 K on a LED TV and then spends time reading the manual, learning the features. One does that even with a mobile phone on which one spent 35 K. But one spends far more on a car, but never bothers to read the manual and understand the features. Why? :A

The logic for your problem is simple:

1. There is a battery in the car, which provides power to the electrical components, when the engine is not running
    2. There is equipment that charges the battery when the car is running
    3. When the car is kept sitting idle for extended periods, the battery is expected to retain the charge
    4. When you start the car, the battery is expected to provide enough juice to turn the starter motor

In the earlier instance, your car was idle for 21 days leading to your battery getting discharged completely, with no power left even for your remote lock to work. In this instance, the car was idle for 5 days. So the battery had enough juice for the remote to work and for the dashboard lights to come on, but still not enough power to turn your starter motor. The logical conclusion is, there is a slow drain on your battery, when the car is kept idle. The longer the duration, the lesser the chances of your car starting. That is the root cause. Find out what is causing this slow drain. Fix it and you will be fine. When I say find the cause, I do not mean do it yourself. I mean get help from experts.

The RSA is a roadside mechanic, who is enlisted by FIAT to assist you, in case you need help and the problem is something that can be fixed easily, without expert knowledge. You can call RSA if you run out of fuel and someone will turn up with a can of fuel. How much expertise does that take?

My pain point is - the car you own is an excellent piece of machinery. Take care of it. Love it and see the car loving you back. Just standing besides the car, patting the hood and saying "I love you" is not going to make any difference. Hope you understand what I am trying to say here.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

What have Concorde agreed to do? Just charge your battery and give it back or give you a brand new battery?
  3. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

They are going to send the battery to exide to explore , if required they will give new battery .
    They asked me to give battery warranty card and xerox copy of RC
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    From my point of view RSA guy is not a qualified technician to check and repair the car in middle of the road he is assisting/helping to see if the car starts normally else will arrange for towing the vehicle to ASS for diagnosis and check..
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Myself being one who authors these kinds of user manuals, I know that most users turn the pages ONLY when they encounter an issue s/he is not able to resolve easily. That is just because of laziness or too much of assumption (that I think I know all the features, so no need to read the manual cover-to-cover!).

It is always a good practice to keep the manual in the car as a ready reference.
    If they dont do a root cause analysis, you are likely to encounter the same issue again.
    1 person likes this.
  6. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Hi, I have noticed some spring sound in driver seat of my Punto(7 months old). Road was damaged by corporation people. Today my driving was bit fast than normal without audio on. So I heard huge noise from driver seat (I hope it’s from driver seat) I am suspecting that may because of spring used in seat. But I am not sure. Anyone faced this issue? Do I need to check/take care any precaution?
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Common issues 2012 :
    1. Rattles noise from the cabin/door its been there since day 1
    2. suspension if you pass through a pot hole it appears like the wheel fell off with a thud sound
    3. simply crawls and fails at inclinations due to excess weight and less power (uphill assist is missing) have to pull at one shot unlike others
    4. Moves to left when steering wheel is left free
    5. Fit and finish of rear LH and RH plastic is poor clips break with every new replacement
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Your battery has a "checkup schedule" too. You need to visit an Exide dealer and get the battery checked for specific gravity (at a minimum) at periodic intervals and get it noted in the card. If this was not done Exide may not honour the warranty and you will have to buy a new battery.
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    The power at the first two gears is less. Punto is designed to go zoom once you reached the 3rd Gear.

Have you checked the alignment and balancing? If not, please check the wheel alignment and balancing.

This is the issue from the old cars too. This I have raised with Fiat Customer Care when I received call from them to know about my experience with the car (I told them that I am an enthusiast. I liked everything about this car except the fit and finish of the interiors). Hope they do something with this.
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Replacing power streeing oil

Guys, need a very quick help.

I am taking my rocket tomo for its third free(really?) Service. I was going through service booklet to see what all will be done and saw that fiat recommends changing power steering oil every 24 months. My car has completed 22 months and 29k

Should I go ahead and get it changed?

What could be the cost per litre?

What brand is used by fiat?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guys now this is giving me shivers.

Its also recommended to change following at 60k or 24mnths

brake clutch oil
    Transmission oil

Please advise