1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. apatelhardik

apatelhardik Timido

Linea 1.3
    Hi. I recently bought second hand lenea dynamic MJD model 2009 with mileage 83000 on Odo, some one has tell me that car wasn't start if fuel indicator goes below the red area. Is that correct ? b'cas i dont think that the car need this much fuel in reserv.
    thnks/- hardik
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    When it reaches the red mark, fill the petrol/diesel. Otherwise it harms the engine. Initially the engine sound will differ from normal when it reaches that mark. Even when it reaches the red mark, there will be 3 litters of diesel in the tank to avoid the airlock in the engine.
  3. anantashu

anantashu Timido

Need urgent help

While driving to chennai last night, I made a jump and damaged my front bumper, though I am not very sure, what is damaged. At lower gears I am feeling friction. Is there any recommended service station or mechanic I can refer. I have to leave for Bangalore Sunday morning. Kindly help.

4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Oops..donno of service centres in Chennai..

If u somehow manage to reach B'lore then Concore motors is what you may need..

But if you manage to drive to KHT ..still better...

OR if you are ON ring road..go to Aadya..
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Can you kindly elaborate a bit more on this. Is it some metal rubbing noise? Is the car driving straight. Or any other funny noises when driving.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Please contact the TASCs in Chennai whose names will be mentioned in the owners manual.

7. anantashu

anantashu Timido

The lower rim got bend and that is why the noise was coming. I drove to banglore somehow (and certainly these vehicles are build to last) .
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Don't worry much. Here is my experience from recent Silvassa trip. Though the roads are really very nice there but I faced severe problem driving from Khanvel to NH8 and some speed breakers.

The KH-NH8 road stretching 10 kms was built in craters if you know what I mean. Some craters were as big as my car and had small craters within it ;) Here are couple of instances of what I faced.

1) Speed breakers are headlesslessy placed & stupidly bumpy on our Indian roads. Unintentionally I banged my car at 120 kmph!!! not just once but twice :) (was i careless???) The result brakes screeching, 5 passengers in air and car landing like a plane making a crash landing. What happened to car & passengers???? NOTHING except scared the shit out of us...LOL!!!

2) Drove over those craters at 40 kmps. Managed to scrap thrice with loud thuds. Onlookers thought that's the end but nop once I was off the crater i zoomed out like an SUV ;)

So chillax you are actually driving a tank without ballistics :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  9. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Punto's Starting problem and road assist guy is not at all good to find out the probl

Today morning when i take my punto to office after 5 days of idle. Shocking my red beauty has not started , i am able to see the all the warning lights. people near by suggested to give a try to start by pushing the vehicle, about four people pushed the vechile to start but it does not worked finally my left side Tyre fell down in a big pit of our beautiful chennai road, which results damage in the wheel cap.

Then we parked the vehicle on the road side and called fiat road assistance with in 20 mints one guy came from the fiat's partner "Dharun Global Motors", Ramapuram. That guy examined and told wrongly that battery looks good there might problem in shelf motor. Then again i called fiat they send towing vehicle and towed to "Concorde Motors" Ambattur by 12:55.

All went for lunch so i waited till 2 :15 , one girl came to reception i asked her to look , she asked me to wait for some time . i waited till 2 : 50. no response so again asked her then she called some tech guys to look in to that no body responded .

Finally Service Advisor "Praveen" came he inspected the vehicle then told there might some problem in the battery , he asked me to get the battery warranty card .

I requested to test properly so that i can go home and the battery warranty card, finally he accepted my request half minded , the examined and come back by 4:10 and told there is some leakage in the battery cells.

I really wondered my car ran only 3200k only this is the secound time the battery gets drained.

this time within 5 days the battery got drained.

I really shocked that fiat had tie up with the third party who does not even identify the battery problem.........
    and this guy told me that damage on the wheel cap leads to wobbling. is that true?

And found Concorde is worst customer service center........

SA told they will give the car by friday evening........
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    First you should not have tried push-start method (its clearly mentioned in manual).

Did the roadside guy check your battery properly? When did you change your battery last time, how old is your car?
    If battery is pretty old, it might dry in 5 days, good condition battery should not, if there is no leaking somewhere. Any electrical wires changed (due to ICE set-up or so). If battery is new, car needs proper check-up where the power is going?