1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I cant say whether they missed the dent while checking for the fuel pump issue first time, but they could not fit the pump/float inside the tank due to the dent and they told the tank has to be replaced.

The Damage was not that bad since there was just a depression in the fuel tank and I drove the car for few months while waiting for the new fuel tank to arrive from Fiat (yes you read it right waited for 2-3 month for the fuel tank :A ), KHT Replaced the tank and then fitted thenew pump/float, everything was fine after that.

SA told me later that its difficult to get approval for fuel pump replacement under warranty from Fiat if there is a damage in the fuel tank.
    However you can claim insurance for both.

I got fuel pump replaced under warranty and fuel tank under insurance, as they were not related (probably :) )
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Do not accept to any of their gimmicks. Put your foot down and dont accept a welded tank. You dont deserve to have a welded tank in the first place. You dont need to use your insurance for their fault and lose your NCB for a small expense of around 4- 5 K Rs. Get it doen under warranty only.
    At first they should have changed the float and observed for a solution instead of tinkering with other possibilities. Next option you can use is report to fiat by mail and get the car discharged from concorde in running condition and go to RDC when they open. Also never leave the car with the service centres for long periods of time for a fault which does not render the car non drivable. With spares taking time to arrive, the urge to cannibalize is very high.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  3. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Just observe if there is any unusual sound or rattling noise coming from bonnet side. I did the same thing when my car was only 500km run but nothing to bother. Check the underbelly to see if any bent on engine guard plate or bumper
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If the car is driving fine without any weird sounds or any other symptom of a damaged underpinning - just carry on and enjoy the drive.

Cheers.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Just get the wheel alignment done and enjoy the drive.
    I have jumped over unmarked speed breakers numerous times on highway in speed excess of 120 causing car to go in air for some time and back to road with a bang, no problems encountered till now except bends in all four alloy wheels :)
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When i was driving the car, there were no leaks.

When i gave to the service centre, there was no leaks.

When Concorde tried with a new float in my car, and put back the original float and when i filled up the tank before we left for a test drive, there was no leaks.

They again did some thing in the car, and told i need to replace the tank to get the float working normal, i said i will take back my car. When i took back and filled diesel along with one of the concorde employee, the tank leaked around 5- 6 litres of diesel.

The car was again handed back to concorde, they said it was the O ring.

I specifically met Mr.Johnson on feb 9th and asked them to do what ever and give the car under fully safe condition to me.ie with no leaks.

I also asked them to refill the deisel fully and check whether the leak has been arrestted succesfully.

Here came the fun part, i was called by Mr.Johnson around 7.30 pm on the same day and told that they have succesfully repaired the tank and no leaks are observed. I just wanted the car back and hence went back yesterday and straight away filled the fuel and again it started leaking.Called back Johnson, i was really amazed by his reply. The experts in Concorde checked the leak in the tank with brake test( by braking repeatedly). My god, if this was the asnwer provided by the service manager, then there is no wonder that people under him are even worse. Wish i could hit my head is some walls.

I had also mailed to Mangesh that my car is in service centre from Jan 24th, but no response either.
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Re: *Found a Screw under the Clutch Pedal, Please help*

The exact same screw as it was in my car. I guess it is some design problem or the person fixing it in the factory always misses one:confused:

tasting the Italian delight!
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Last sunday at the TFI-Hyderabad meet, I found a strange rattle which started suddenly after going through a rough patch of road at a considerable speed. Later, the rattle stopped and I found a screw lying in the driver side foot well. Earlier I also found another screw in the car after the first service, but never found the location of it. Shall try to find out if any screws are missing.

BTW, the screw does not look like the one posted above. Will try to make a snap and post it.
  9. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Out of 2 screws, one screw is missing and one screw is loose from area just above the handle to lock the tilt position of steering column. I guess it is the cause of occasional rattle too.
    2013-02-13 17.30.57.jpg
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: *Found a Screw under the Clutch Pedal, Please help*

How many of us are having the same damn issue. Certainly something wrong with Fiat QC here.

uploadfromtaptalk1360842181768.jpg

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2