1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

2 years before, I had the same problem of indicator showing qrtr less fuel.
    KHT agreed to replace the float assembly under warranty after checking the car thoroughly.
    When Trying to fit the new kit they could not fit as they found there is a dent in the fuel tank (which happened after the indicator issue was reported to them).
    I claimed Insurance, fuel tank was changed under insurance (around 5k), since the float/pump was already approved for replacement they fit that after that.

Now sometime I think was the dent already there and that only caused the indicator issue ? Or its just a coincidence ? :) and dent really happened later.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Linea 1.3

How did they approve for a new Float/Pump. Did they guess that the problem was with the assy or there were actual issues with the Float/Pump ? And about the dent, how bad was it.

May be, i come to think that this one time, these guys in Concorde might be right after all that the dent might have been the root casuse of the fuel leaking. Guess they should have tried force the pump assy in to place againts the dent and should have screwed up the fixing area and studs bolts. Too many may be's in my mind right now.

Conclusion - Leaking tank is unsafe and should be replaced or leak should be arrested.

If indeed the dent in the fuel tank was the reason of everything, then i would not fight for this. But even then, i would whole heartedly say, Concorde ambattur lacks a lot of Professionalism and technical skills. It shouldnt have taken 15 Days to complete the jobs i had said and it should have taken only a max of 4 four days .
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Even I found these screws lying in the drivers footwell in our 1 week old punto.

I checked everywhere and found that these are from the plastic panel below the steering column. There are 4such screws.

4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

That could only mean one thing. The steering column screws were opened after assembly. Wonder why? Something to do with disconnecting the ODO? I hope not :confused

5. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Same happened to my dear Linea today :(
    Was around 70kmph when I hit a medium size speedbreaker. Had a great thud from front wheels. Didn't remember about rear wheel thud. But nothing was unsettled.
    But my heart broke:( just 850kms done with my brand new car.
    Didn't notice any strange steering. Should i check wheel alignment?
    Will there be any damage to suspension?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  6. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Query after hitting a Speed Breaker at high speed

Same thing happened to my dear linear today. Hit a medium size speed breaker around 70kmph. Had a great thud from front wheels. Didn't remember about rear wheel. But nothing unsettled in my new car except myheart. It has just done 850kms.
    Would this have impact on suspension?
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    clears my doubt too..
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

1. The thread title and the body of this post doesnt match. Please provide related titles.
    2. Hope you did do a bit of inspection yourself as what might have got damaged.
    3. Look for any weird sounds which might come up after this event.
    4. Our experts here would suggest you more indepth actions. Mine knowledge is done ;)
  9. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

No need to worry, if you are feeling that the car is wobbling while driving even on a staright patch of road then have it checked, I would say even if it weren't a rubber ball the possibility of it bending an Alloy wheel will be rare.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Hi pdydeva, i bought a Punto 90HP this thursday and facing the same issue with the Driver side door. It needs an extra effort to shut the door right :)

Already visited the Tata-Fiat service center and they were of no good help but they offered me a few scratches on the door handle for free.

I am in the process of getting it rectified soon.

I shall keep you posted.

Cheers :)