1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think all cars and bikes have the needle showing less than the full mark on the fuel meter. My GP MJD and my Honda unicorn too shows the needle less than the full mark. It is not an issue actually (when I took my car last time from Prerana after the issues resolved, I filled in 42.02 litters of diesel, that means the car used the diesel to the untouchable 3 litters? Nay. It is actually came up to the fuel cap). Ask the SC to replace the tank under warranty and tell them the damage is caused in the SC not by you as if you noticed it immediately from service.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    We saw the same issue with our sumo long time back. The tank's capacity is 45 liters but after replacing the fuel cap (as the OEM Fuel cap was misplaced in petrol bunk). Driver showed us that the tank is getting filled after 38 liters only. But no problem as such. So we ignored it.
    After 2-3 days, another issue started like engine starts misbehaving in hills climb up or down. So verified the fuel pump & filters. Both were working fine.

So we decide to visit ASS. The SA checked all & asked one question. Have how change the fuel cap? And the answer was Yes.

He then removed the tank & we saw a dent on the top of the tank not the bottom of the tank.

We have to replace the tank as well as the fuel cap at that moment.

I will suggest you that ask for the replacement of the tank otherwise any other problem will arise which may spoil your day also...
  3. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    GP Please ask them to replace the TANK but you need to push hard on them else they dont. Please meet the service manager he will do the need ful.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No it is not normal. The issue pointed out by GP is entirely different.

GPFreak,

Leaky tank = not safe. Get it replaced. I've heard of only the O-ring being replaced successfully so that can be another option.

Cheers.
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Gurjinder, I checked, the needle stops just before the gray mark on the fuel gauge. Not only one time but multiple times I verified it.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    But the issue pointed out by GP is :

It's a different issue. The thread pointed by Surya explains a completely different phenomena -related to electronics.
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Surya, Thanks for the link. This problem was also observed. It was taking a long time to show the reading. But in my case, it never showed the full tank reading atall. It showed the 3/4 mark after some time.

I am not sure what comment i can say about the people working in that concorde unit. They decide themselves that fiat will not entertain any warranty claim. When the gas damper in the boot gave away, they said only if the gas leaks, it will be covered under wararnty and if the mechanical fixing had broken, then its not covered under warranty. I dont understand what problem they have with taking the issue first with Fiat. Yesterday i have talked to the Johnson, who seems to be the service manager. Today i am going to walk there and see what happens.

Its not the O ring. I suspect that they have damaged the seating area and the stud bolts in the tank and hence have sent it to a tinker. Now i am not sure what i should do. The dent in the bottom of the tank could be because of me, which wouldnt have put safety in question and it would served well for its time. But damaging the tank when fixing the low pressure pump was done by the service centre which puts the safety in question. But they are now asking me to replace the tank under insurance :evilsmile.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It is unsafe and unacceptable to repair and use a leaking fuel tank. As the car is under warranty and the leak happened when the car was at SC, it is their responsiblity to get it replaced without billing you. The SC cannot ask you to use the insurance to replace a part damaged by them.
  10. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't do it under insurance. Ask them to do it under warranty. Fight for your rights as the damage to the tank happened in the SC.