1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    what are these parts?

Guys,

I found a big piece of foam lying under the Clutch pedal yesterday. I looked under everywhere but can't find where it fell from as there was no torn form or anything.
    Foam.jpg Foam 2.jpg

Secondly, i found this screw in the rear door compartment (the space to keep a few things). I checked all the screws on the door panel are intact. is it possible that it came lose from inside?
    Screw.jpg
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The dashboard has foam all over sandwiched between metal and plastic to avoid rattling. Sometimes this comes off. Very rare. Or might be the mechanic left some foam in your car while servicing from somewhere else.

The bolt has not come off from inside. There is no such bolt inside. Just look at the bottom of the rear door if anything is missing there.
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    oh thanks for the response.. I will get it done asap..
    Since there was no mention of it in the service manual i went a bit easy on it... thanks

- - - Merged Post - - -

The doubt came up because of these 2 things...
    IMG_20130201_204814.jpg IMG_20130201_204822.jpg
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    This seems to be bottom screws of doors.
    2 people like this.
  5. Hey all,

Any idea on how much this costs at the TASS and/or the car detailing studio?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If it's just dry dust accumulated all over the engine, just brush it off. I took a big paint brush and dusted the entire engine bay. It came out quite okay. Not sparkling clean but better than nothing. ::pP

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  7. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    yes.varin11 is right,this screw is either from door panel or can be from the lower plastic panels that run sidewise inside the car and cover the wiring.i have unscrewed these type of screws before while installing component speakers in my punto.:ugeek:
    1 person likes this.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Normal wash at any local car wash centre would be @ 350-400 Rs (exterior, interior, under body & engine bay). Wash quality at many TASS is questionable. If you are looking at professional detailing for your car, packages like paint protection, engine bay clean nd protect etc would cost @ 5k-10k depending on treatment chosen and detailing expert chosen. Couple of exampled are Sonax nd 3M
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Relativity bro,

This screw is from the lower plastic panels fixed beneath the dash where we have the ABC pedals.
  10. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Is it Safe and Acceptable ?

My linea had a wierd problem with fuel level indicator. Even when filled to the brim, the fuel level indicator never touched Full.
    It always showed a quarter less than full. Concorde Ambattur has been having my car with them for last 14 days trying to solve.. or should i say create new problems ? They have checked it and found that the tank has a dent in the bottom and hence they claimed that it was root cause of teh problem. My arguement was that the low pressure pump which also houses the float mechanism( as per the DET) was suspended or fixed from the top of the tank. If the entire assembly is suspended, then technically with a dented fuel tank, the fuel indicator should show full even sooner than a normal one.

The team was not able to answer my query and also i didnt want to take volumetric and basic laws/properties of fluids to them. So decided to live with the problem.

Now came the catch. when the car was returend, the fuel was very less and when i filled in the fuel, it was leaking like hell. Immediately it was taken back to service centre and was put on ramp. Being a saturday late evening, they promise the get back on monday. I suspect the O ring gasket to be damaged. But the Concorde guys have managed to damaged the entire seating area where the low pressure pump sits and one of the STUD has got itself removed from tank and was lying on top of the rear axle. I pointed that out to the Concorde guys.

This was later confirmed on monday. Now they have removed the tank and sent it to a Tinker to get it repaied. Is it safe to use that tank ?

I am not sure whether its authorised to do such things in a car which is under warranty or should they replace the tank ?