1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @abhinav

I second vj_v1.Firstly your car is new.Secondly fiat engines do take time to open up say post 12000-15000kms you will feel the right punch and get the right average.Fill normal diesel from another bunk and check.Dont use premium diesel.Maintain correct tyre pressure(32psi).I don't know but please do check the oil level.Never trust TATA A.S.S!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Even a worst non performing MJD engine wont give you such a low mileage. As others say i am quite sure that MID is set to litres/100kms mode instead of kmpl mode.
  3. vvmanoj

vvmanoj

Hyderabad
    Its a common problem with some Tjets. I had the same issue and the service station here (Tejasvi Motors) replaced the O ring, refilled gas in like half a day. Its been 3 months now no issues whatsoever. I would suggest you escalate to Fiat on the their toll free number.

Cheers,
    Manoj

4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    My suggestion is that you visit a FASS in Chennai rather than a TASS

Before visiting confirm on phone if the TJet O-ring is available or not. Spares not available is a common issue and TASS is good at trying workarounds (jugaad)
  5. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    My linea too had very low mileage(around 10kmpl) for first 100-200kms,then it gradually started to climb up.In ma opinion please dont bother about mileage for the first 1000kms,and try to shift the gears at 2000rpm's.Fiat engines takes time to open up,and its a different beast after 15000km service.You could start feeling the change once you cross 5000kms.
  6. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    I am just curious to know what is the outcome of all this discussion. Is it really something bad with car mileage or the settings in MID are wrong? But Mr abhinav19seth disappeared after asking here. I request you to kindly let us know. I am sorry to say but sometime people just visit forum to clear their doubt & don't care to at least inform the fellow TFIans, whether the replies given by members helped them or not.
    3 people like this.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Complain. Complain. Complain. Shout. Shout. Shout.

Do anything you have to, but tell them to replace the O rings before the warranty runs out.
  8. elaramvani

elaramvani Novizio

Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
    Chennai
    Linea 1.4
    Is rubber beadings are the culprit? Worth to change?

Hi seniors, Sound raising during closing of doors of my Linea are not unique rhythm. I suspect the door rubber beadings. ( I may be wrong) members please throw some light on this issue. Thanks in advance. Mine is 2010 Linea petrol.
  9. abhinav19sethi

abhinav19sethi

Hey Guys ,

Could not come online this weekend . Had been on driver duty throughout weekend :)

I guess MID is set to Litres/100 Kms . I shall be able to check by evening .
    Lol , I was wondering why after the highway trip it came down to 7.5 from 8.4 :D

Thanks guys for all the help.

Shall update this thread once I get to check the ODO .

Looking forward to update the Introduction and the ownership review soon :)

Cheers
    3 people like this.
  10. I am not pin pointing rubber beading as culprit. I am not saying otherwise as well. Getting these rubber beadings is real pain (at least in my experience). I am looking for beading for my hatch door for a long time without any success. Concorde, VST and TAFE hasitate to take order. Not able to find in GP road and Pudhupet as well. Need to visit RDC and check whether they take order for the same.