1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Try to avoid washing your engine bay as much as possible. Before washing the engine bay make sure you disconnect the battery and do it. This 5 min of work will save you from major problems. Also dont spray water near the ECU. Do not vertically spray water near sensors.
    Sensors do have waterproofing to some extent, but still spray them sideways.

Best way is to clean it with pressurised air. Most of the dust is removed with this.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Pressurised air,does not give good results.
    Though i agree with what you say,even the guys at tata use a fine mist of water to clean it.
    That said i have been doing so since ages in various vehicles,i havent faced any problem.
    The key here is to avoid full pressure wash,and avoid spraying water over electronics.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    This is the precise reason as to why am not comfortable to wash engine bay on a regular basis. My engine bay gets cleaned only at TATA / FIAT Service stations or at a professional detailing shop. I usually avoid it when my car is getting washed by my car cleaner or at a local car wash shop.

Btw, good to know that you havent faced any issues till date :up
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Degreaser sprayed all over the engine bay + steam cleaning should do the trick safely. After disconnecting the battery as Italia said.
  5. abhinav19sethi

Really Bad mileage on Linea dynamic MJD

Hey Guys,

Got my Linea dynamic 2012 delivered just 2 weeks back. It has already done 750km .

I have a major concern over the mileage. I am getting Avg consum of 7.5 kmpl . I understand the car is new , however 7.5 for 1.3 MJD is too low.

My initial 200km were in city traffic but next few km were on smooth highway road driven at 70-80 km/hr .
    I have been keeping rev between 2 and 3k .

Is this normal with linea ? If not , any suggestions .

6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    is it by tank full to tank full method ?
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Im guessing your MID is set to Litres/100 Kms. Check that first, you might want to refer the manual to know how.

The car being new is totally irrelevant, you can extract 20+ Km/l from a new car if you drive to it's liking.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    abhinav, as vj_v1 told, do check the settings. This is certainly not normal.
    In city, it should be in range of 12-16 and on highway, 17-20 KMPL.

Do post a picture of mileage reading on your ODO.
    1 person likes this.
  9. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Please check the MID display settings, it could be set as ltr/100 km. Even with extreme ripping (red lining at each gear) on the highway, an MJD should not deliver less than 10kmpl
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard Abhinav.

Firstly, did you reset the tripmeter after delivery? If not, kindly do so and start afresh. Reset either Trip A or B or both and keep a check on it. Drive normally.

Secondly, check that the units for showing the efficiency figures is kmpl and not L/100km.

Thirdly, if the readings are still off the charts, then do a check by the tank-full to full method and revert back. But i don't think you'll need to do this check. :)

And do tell us more about the Linea in an ownership thread.