1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Dont worry about your alloy at all, worry about the ball :)
    5 people like this.
  2. Shouldn't be any issue Sriram, Juz Go on. Near Salem, I hit a Little Mount like Speed Breaker at speed more than 110 KMPH, the car and everything inside the car jumped and was in the air for a second or 2. Nothing happened. During Ooty TFI meet, I drove the car into a pit that was bigger than the car itself, one side of the car was literally hanging . Nothing happened. Just a rubber ball wouldn't do any damage. If you don't feel any vibration, shake or wobbling you don't have to worry.
    3 people like this.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Don't worry be happy.... :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    My friend's Punto took off at an unmarked speed breaker on mysore road, and nothing happened. The ball you crushed cannot be harder than a speed breaker.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

I am not sure if it was a rubber ball or a cricket ball , i feared the worst hence posted here, no abnormalities as such but will get it checked in a wheel alignment outlet shortly.

I am aware of your experience happened during TFI meet but not the other one ? you mean the car it self was on the air, would the suspension not be worked to the fullest when it would have landed at that speed ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Very true. since i suspected to be a cricket ball, was concerned about a bent alloy due to the force

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you, hope this holds good only for cricket ball, i saw the guy picking it and throwing back instead of looking for damages in the ball so hoping it to be a rubber ball
  6. prkothan

AC Gas leak TJET+

Hi all,

AC Gas in my TJET+ is leaking and service guys not able to fix. First I tried Concorde Motors ECR (Chennai) and next I tried in TAFE motors (Chennai). They were not able to fix it. Every time they fill the gas and sent it back stating there no spares like O-ring available etc. Gas got leaked within 2 days :-(

Please help me. FIAT INDIA is again failing their trusted fans :-(

7. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Can we sparay Petrol or Diesel (through spray can which is used by barber shop) in engine bay and wipe with soft cloth ? Does it make any issue, like removal of paint, etc.

I believe this will remove all dust, rust, impurities, etc.

Any suggestions please.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Diesel makes it shiny for a while, but later attracts even more dust unless you degrease the entire engine bay.

I've never cleaned the engine bay at all - with all those electronics there i don't feel comfortable. It is only cleaned during it's yearly servicing.
    3 people like this.
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Cleaning Engine bay

Even I need to do the same... am afraid of doing it myself.. I normally get it done at tass but this time I'm planning to get the polish guy to clean the engine bay....

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Cleaning Engine bay

I am a sucker for clean engine bay.i get it cleaned once a month from the washing guy with a slow and fine spray of water towards the outer side of the engine,and get the rest of the wiring and stuff cleaned by a damp cloth followed by a puff of air.Haven't faced any issue till date in any of the cars we own.