1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Dont worry about your alloy at all, worry about the ball :)
    5 people like this.
  2. Shouldn't be any issue Sriram, Juz Go on. Near Salem, I hit a Little Mount like Speed Breaker at speed more than 110 KMPH, the car and everything inside the car jumped and was in the air for a second or 2. Nothing happened. During Ooty TFI meet, I drove the car into a pit that was bigger than the car itself, one side of the car was literally hanging . Nothing happened. Just a rubber ball wouldn't do any damage. If you don't feel any vibration, shake or wobbling you don't have to worry.
    3 people like this.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Don't worry be happy.... :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My friend's Punto took off at an unmarked speed breaker on mysore road, and nothing happened. The ball you crushed cannot be harder than a speed breaker.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    I am not sure if it was a rubber ball or a cricket ball , i feared the worst hence posted here, no abnormalities as such but will get it checked in a wheel alignment outlet shortly.

I am aware of your experience happened during TFI meet but not the other one ? you mean the car it self was on the air, would the suspension not be worked to the fullest when it would have landed at that speed ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Very true. since i suspected to be a cricket ball, was concerned about a bent alloy due to the force

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you, hope this holds good only for cricket ball, i saw the guy picking it and throwing back instead of looking for damages in the ball so hoping it to be a rubber ball
  6. prkothan

prkothan

AC Gas leak TJET+

Hi all,

AC Gas in my TJET+ is leaking and service guys not able to fix. First I tried Concorde Motors ECR (Chennai) and next I tried in TAFE motors (Chennai). They were not able to fix it. Every time they fill the gas and sent it back stating there no spares like O-ring available etc. Gas got leaked within 2 days :-(

Please help me. FIAT INDIA is again failing their trusted fans :-(

regards,
    prasanna
  7. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Chennai
    Can we sparay Petrol or Diesel (through spray can which is used by barber shop) in engine bay and wipe with soft cloth ? Does it make any issue, like removal of paint, etc.

I believe this will remove all dust, rust, impurities, etc.

Any suggestions please.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Diesel makes it shiny for a while, but later attracts even more dust unless you degrease the entire engine bay.

I've never cleaned the engine bay at all - with all those electronics there i don't feel comfortable. It is only cleaned during it's yearly servicing.
    3 people like this.
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Cleaning Engine bay

Even I need to do the same... am afraid of doing it myself.. I normally get it done at tass but this time I'm planning to get the polish guy to clean the engine bay....

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Cleaning Engine bay

I am a sucker for clean engine bay.i get it cleaned once a month from the washing guy with a slow and fine spray of water towards the outer side of the engine,and get the rest of the wiring and stuff cleaned by a damp cloth followed by a puff of air.Haven't faced any issue till date in any of the cars we own.