1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    If door is hard its quite easy to get it rectified, you need the door alignment done. They adjust the hinges and the lock on which the door jumps and sits. What happens is if the rear door is bit out at the hinge the front door becomes hard or misalignned as it bangs on the rubber beading of rear door.

Ask the body shop to correct its. Its a half an hour job.
    2 people like this.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Heavier the door, shouldn't gravity be helping in locking them with ease? IMO, the hatchback doors must be heavier than sedan's (pointed above) as they add up the rear glass weight.
    I buy your 2nd point where the security may handle the car carefully.

I'm trying to convince the service people for the same.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Agree to Italia-Linea, if its that difficult to get it rectified by Service then i suggest visit a near by garage the guy you trust and check with him.. am sure its with the alignment of the lock and ring (hinges) inside.
    1 person likes this.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Jump start the car.
    Get the battery charged.
    Before leaving the car overnight, remove AC relay fuse (just to check)
    Next day if car starts without inserting AC relay fuse, battery holds the charge.
    Insert AC relay fuse.
    Next day if car does not start, AC relay fuse is shorted and draining the battery.
    If the car starts, you know what to do.....:) . Just take her away on highway and enjoy the drive :)
    2 people like this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I used to leave my Alto in the parking for around 3 months for my trips. Never had an issue. But I later realized that its not a good practice. Now I either disconnect the terminals of the battery or ask my wife to start the car periodically and idle for some time.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you, point noted,

I usually have the habit of topping up distilled water to the battery, looks like i have over filled, now i see the entire battery assembly,brackets, holders, nuts with white powdery coating due to leaking of excess acidic water. Is it safe to clean it using a old tooth brush using wd-40 or zorrik, there are few areas where i cannot reach. does this require a dis assemble thorough cleaning and re assemble to sort the issue once in for all.
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Had a DIY session today to address the FR-RHS door rattle while playing music. Thanks to Cinju's DIY thread.
    Found the source of rattle to be the speaker mount. The speaker is mounted using 3 bolts n nuts (no rivets). One of the mount plastic is broken and the speaker stands fixed only on 2 bolts which makes the third mount point to vibrate while playing music. Placed some adhesive at the vibrating spot and the rattle has reduced considerably.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Just go to washing centre, remove battery and ask him to use pressurised water and clean it. No worries at all.
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The reason behind the front doors and boot doors a bit heavy is safety. The driver and the co-driver is to be safe to safeguard the back seat passengers. As well in India most of the accidents happens on the stationed vehicles too. So the boot frame and door should be little stronger than any other door. So it is not an issue from the manufacturer.

I checked my car yesterday specifically over the bang sound and thud sound. The rear doors close with thud sound but that too you need to use a bit more force than the Suzukis but for both the front doors and boot you need to put more effort to close it perfect so the bang sound comes.

Just enjoy the ride with full safety features provided by our FIAT.
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks Senthil for verifying and letting me know.

I have no complaint on the heaviness of the doors. I don't think any of my post sounded that way. In fact, one among the reasons of me choosing a Punto is the strength of the car.
    All my concern was about the force at which the boot door needs to be slammed for a proper locking. Also, I have mentioned clearly, mine may be one off case. Meanwhile I wanted to get fellow TFIans opinion from their car.