1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    thanks for the pic..
    That is usually something that wont be loose that easily..
    Interesting to know you had this issue
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks for the update. Looks like somebody fiddled with it before delivery and it worked itself loose over 2 months. Just to be safe, check the holding strap to make sure the battery is held down securely.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Breakdown and with Car I was also mentally dead :D

The battery loose nut is case of poor PDI. They are supposed check everything, but happens rarely in most cases.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The clamp nut was loose too in my GP, but during a routine water wash I found it and get it tightened there itself.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Is the locking clamp for negative terminal stamdard for Linea? My punto has different one. The main clamp is a self locking one and doesnt need to be tightened. See here. May be because mine is the old one and has a different design.
  6. Re: Breakdown and with Car I was also mentally dead :D

Yea in the old models the self locking mechanism was standard. Post 2012 this was changed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes it can be called as poor PDI.I may sound harsh,but this is one of the most basic DIY check,that one should do say once a week,or before any major long drive.
  8. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your case is a bit ok. Mine was really very bad. It happened exactly on the 48th day (they call one Mandalam in Tamil/Malayalam). That too in middle of a junction (Sarjapura signal, ORR, Bangalore). On the red I switched off the engine as it takes 90 seconds and I tried to crank before 10 seconds. Hick - It even didn't show the OBD. Completely dead. What I simply did is just wave the people behind the car to move ahead and look for someone to move the car to the side. There was no help available in broad daylight and finally there was a guy helped to take the car to the side. I called the 24X7 service number as I carry the service booklet with me always and the suggestion is to open the bonnet and press the positive connection in the battery. I did and it cranked. As well the engineer told that he will reach in 20 minutes but arrived at 16th minute exactly and checked everything is ok under the hood. And still now there is no issues with the connections under the hood (bonnet). :)
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  9. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Aah, so I am not the only one :D Had you posted in past, I would have known at that moment itself on what to do :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yep. I put it in Prerana motors thread. Didn't start with a new thread as I felt that it should go to the concerned ASC/ASS thread.