1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Unfortunate.

Few points -
    - Calling Service Adviser will never help in case of breakdown.
    - Do read RSA handbook once, they will come anywhere. They have coverage almost whole country.
    - Loose nut, where it was? Do go to service center and and get it clarified.
    - I don't think showroom will do anything in these cases. But since you were in city, they could have sent some service person.

Go goa, these things are unfortunate, but should not hamper any drive plan.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    1> What if this happened somewhere on long drive in night in the middle of nowhere ? How RSA will handle this ?

FIAT RSA is not necessarily FIAT. They have tied up with multiple people across the country and you can expect someone to turn up in about an hour's time. It could even be a local mechanic. The effort will be to see if the problem can be sorted out right there or does the car need to be towed to a proper SC.

2> 2 Months and a loose nut, who is at fault

Bad QC, I would think. But before coming to conclusions, you will need to give us more details - what is the date of manufacture, how many kms have you done, did this happen before, is the first servicing done, etc.

3> Do we expect showroom guys for a better response ? or this is within expectations ?

Of course it is. It is poor taste when a customer is stranded and the showroom wants a feedback / arguing that this cannot happen. It has happened, which is why the customer is calling, for God's sake.

4> Above all, I am supposed to drive to Goa soon, what all should I get checked to minimize such shocks

This would be a topic for another thread.

Anyway, glad you did not have to endure a long miserable wait.

Rajan
  3. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Thanks to all :)
    Yeah even I am glad that this was just a minor glitch and I was able to fix it to drive home safe :)

Well car has done 3300 Kms, and make is Aug 2012 and no service done yet.

I was angry at the same time smiling when the tata guy wanted me to be connected to IVRS for feedback :D
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This is an interesting topic for another DIY check up on routine basis..
    Can you please post a pic or 2 about which nut had gone loose and what you did to make her smiling again?
    It would be a great help for everyone and also another added to the checklist before setting out on a long drive...
    2 people like this.
  5. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Sure will take a pic tomorrow :)

6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Breakdown and with Car I was also mentally dead :D

Was it the battery terminal nut by any chance?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    From the sounds of the problem / resolution, I suspect the same.

BTW, @riturajmnnit, did you see any deposits around the battery terminals, bluish/greenish white powder?

Rajan
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    If you don't I will remind you since it seems to be a very important nut :)
  9. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Its so obvious, she needs your attention and she knows how to get it when you aren't giving her due :wink::lol:

Was it the battery connectors Rituraj?
  10. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    IMAG0045.jpg

So here you go :) The culprits caught on camera :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes Raj, but I have been pampering her a lot, looks like she is showing the real character of an Italian beauty, the more you pamper - the more they demand :p
    3 people like this.