1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

@puneet first get the spark plugs checked.
    Instead of using additives to clean injector get them cleaned through injector cleaning machine for petrol it doesn't cost more than 1000/-. It would also give you a report of health of injector before and after cleaning.

Finding someone who have CRDI injector cleaning machine is very difficult and costly too + very high rail pressure makes sure injectors don't require frequent cleaning if good quality diesel filters are used.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

No idea mate.

But unless you are having an issue related to injectors, i wouldn't touch them. Just ensure quality diesel + OEM filter.

As Vijay said above, just do the basics. You can forget the Bardahl thing.
  3. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Thnks Vijay bro will check the spark plugs.... which one is the best plugs for Palio petrol and what is the cost???? One more think Vijay bro cn I ask my mechanic to clean the Injector or do I need to visit any specilist for this??

Gurjinder Paaji.... Aapka kaha sir aakhon per.... cheers.... will catch you some day some where in Mohali...
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i have felt the same.....guess its normal..

what bothers me..is when i shift gear between 1,2..these gears do't shift smoothly in one go.. rather i need to give some pressure..or shift 1st to neutral and then to the next gear.

while reversing..the gear does't always fall properly... do u all face the same issues..?
  5. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    okay.thanks for the info mate.next time when i do clean them i'll make sure i replace the washers.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Please take a video next time. I am very curious to see how our MJD injectors are cleaned. Havent seen them ever.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

He has the 1.4 FIRE Amit.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Opps my bad. Since the beginning of the thread i was wondering who dared to open MJD injectors :)

Cleaning petrol injectors has never been a problem. Also petrol injectors cost very less than mjd.
  9. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

This is my 90hp's roof light console.Can I fit those 'pilot lights'. Even before purchasing the car I repeatedly asked the S.A whether punto 90hp has it (as they had no 90hps stock to check it myself) and he said yes. after delivery I was like :( misssing it. Any DIYs available here?
  10. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Breakdown and with Car I was also mentally dead :D

2 months and you dont expect things like this to happen.

P.S: I do agree this can happen with anybody and in any car :(

I was happily enjoying the choice of choosing FIAT LINEA inspite of basheres all around. And why not, this is one helluwa of a CAR :)
    Well, we were driving back from MG, and our pit-stop was a Kachauri Joint :) and who knew those Kacharis will be remembered for a while :evilsmile

I was still in car, enjoying the FM numbers and my sis went out to get the stuff packed, and here she came. I switched off the engine with a hope to crank it and leave :-D
    Well, Try 1: No light, no crank - nothing :mad:
    Ok, may be I am doing something wrong, moved my car lil bit as it was on slope - try 2 (nothing again) :eek:
    Try 3-4-5-6-7-8----------- :eek:

I see some problemo - all memories of people suggesting against FIAT flashed that very moment and the feeling of why me :evilsmile
    Well, nothing much can be done, called TATA Helpline and as expected they asked me to contact RSA and further they had the curage to ask me if I would like to take a questionaire for feedback, bloody hell my car has brokedown and you want me to do a feedback :evil:

anyway called RSA and they promptly attended with a promise to call back, in the meanwhile called Sales Advisors from KHT Bangalore.
    They were like "How can it happen" hohahohaohaoaha - I was speechless :p

Anyway they gave me a service line number as car was hardly 2-3 kms from showroom, and when I called that guy, he said he is in hoskote.
    So all I can do is wait for RSA to call back, they do after 10 mins I guess and inform me that someone from Whitefield is on way ... huh some sigh of relief.

Well this reminded me of a guy and his thread on team-bhp i guess, anyway I thought let me play around with battery - bonnet up and wires hustled here and there and here she is winking again :) she is alive :rolleyes:

I went back in drivers seat, kissed her and cranked and she died again (possibly of the kiss) :evilsmile
    Went back to bonnet, some more hustling and she smiled again - this time happily, drove her home and in meanwhile rescue team was there in 45 mins (not bad).
    They inspected and it was a loose nut :(

Anyway my take and suggestions I want !!

1> What if this happened somewhere on long drive in night in the middle of nowhere ? How RSA will handle this ?
    2> 2 Months and a loose nut, who is at fault :(
    3> Do we expect showroom guys for a better response ? or this is within expectations >
    4> Above all, I am supposed to drive to goa soon, what all should I get checked to minimize such shocks :(