1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

TJET+ single occupancy under 80 I have seen figures of 18 KMPL.

City never seen more than 14. Highway with full load ~15 KMPL not more
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Do you get kut-kut noise of starter at engine crank?
    Check the intensity of headlight bulb at engine crank. If it is only slightly deeming with kut-kut noise of starter, then you may have faulty starter motor.
  3. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    After the 3rd Service, the nozzles are working fine. I believe they have cleaned it. But there was an issue that the water sprayed was going to the air and landing at the rear :)
    I turned the screws on the side of the nozzle to adjust the direction and now it is perfectly fine.
  4. Manusankar

Its normal .I also have the same issue but the SA told that its there for all lineas
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No! This is not normal. Noise is due to excessive play in clutch assembly. Dealers always try to avoid warrantee claim by saying it is normal.

This is not a Premier 118 NE or 138.
    Gearbox of 118 have specific clicking noise at gearshift.
  6. TheDriver

TheDriver Timido

Thanks to all of you for suggestions.
    Just for the information: The Cluster Meter was replaced under warranty (free of cost) .
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

My Turbo Hose pipe blew up for the second time in 6 months. The Turbo hose are 2 different rubber pipes attached to either ends of a Hard plastic bent Pipe. Last time the longer rubber pipe blew up and looks like the intelligent Tech's at Concorde replaced only that particular rubber pipe to that they could avoid removing the bumper to install the whole thing. (while only the rubber pipe part is not available separately, one has to buy the whole Hose pipe assembly). I was shown only the cut part of the rubber pipe so didn't suspect then.

Yesterday, the smaller Rubber Pipe got cut and Tejaswi hyderabad informed me that the small pipe does not come separately and i have to replace the whole thing again. After getting it replaced, i come back home and compare the part numbers and see that the part that was changed last time and the one that was changed this time are the same. Morons. I've dropped a mail to Tejaswi CRM to look into this, if he does not respond, i'll reach out to FIAT for charging me twice for the same part within 6 months.

The worst part after all this is that they probably didn't install the hose pipe correctly yesterday. While i was driving out from the SC i realized that there was noticeable lag. Check the RPM's and saw that Turbo is kicking in at 2300 RPM something. Drove back straight into the SC again and went on a drive with the TL. He ack'd that there was an issue, but tech's have already left by then. So, more round trips to the SC.
  8. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    i donno about any additives that can be used to clean injectors the way a injector cleaning machine can do.my linea has done almost 30k now so on 1st jan i went for injector cleaning to bhavani auto centre powai in mumbai.they have a injector cleaning machine which i have posted below.i wish i had before and after pics but i forgot to take pics.but all i can say is that they did a pretty good job.when i saw the injectors they had some black coloured deposits on the nossle.after cleaning the deposits were all taken care of.cost me around 900 for all 4 injectors.though i donno technical details the garage owner told me that first reading was 30ml and after the cleaning process it was 37ml.so i guess deposits equivalent to the difference i.e. 7ml were present.all in all a peace of mind that they are cleaned.i did find a bit of throttle response on 3rd and 4th gears.will calculate if there is any difference in average of the car.
    2013-01-01 12.16.42.jpg
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Great to know that your injectors were removed successfully and cleaned. Did you get the copper washers replaced?
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Injector cleaning additives

I have used System D for 4~5 tank fills, have found no negative effects if not positive. Throttle response is good.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2