1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Check with the VST folks first.

Shoot an email to feedback@vstmotors.com and fiat.chennai@vstmotors.com.
    1 person likes this.
  2. vinod_s

vinod_s Timido

mumbai
    Dear All tfians

I am relatively new on the team, I bought tjet just few months back. just been to fiat factory visit on 14th dec alongwith all other fellow tfians. This was my first long drive of around 430 km in one day in my tjet. I got the average of 19-20 km/ltr.

Few days after that again I went to gujarat & travelled around 450km in one day, again I got the average of around 20km/ltr.

one thing i made sure that I didnt cross 100km/h speed anytime. I kept rpm at around 2000 all the time. I shifted gears without using turbo much. My AC was ON all the time during travelling. We were four people in the car alongwith luggage in the boot.
    3 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems T-Jet is giving mileage same as MJDs.
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just goes on to show that the T-jet is the master of both trades - Power and Efficiency.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I wonder why the hell did Fiat fail in marketing this !!! What else can one expect? Combination of power + efficiency + handling + solid build + safety !!! Boy-o-Boy, how on earth Tjet failed to impress sales charts? :A

Wonder what would have been the situation if the same Tjet was launched under Maruti / Hyundai brand! It would have broken all records in the sedan segment! :evil:
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have had the T-Jet for 4 months now and done 5500 kms so far. The only highway trip was to Tirupathi and the Jet gave me an impressive 17.1 kmpl on this run. At that time, the Jet had less than 1000 kms on the odo.

I live just outside the city and my office commute used to be 17 kms one way. The Jet always returned ~14 kmpl, as 10 out of the 17 kms was in relatively traffic free roads. This was before the first service.

For the past 5 weeks, I have been working out of a client location, with offices in the heart of the city. Now the commute is 20 kms one way, with almost 15 kms in thick traffic. The first 2 weeks, I saw a drop in milage to 12 kmpl. Then I got the first free service done. And now for the past 3 weeks, she is back to her normal self and returns ~14 kmpl.

Plans are afoot for a Goa trip in late Jan. If that happens, then will update this thread with highway milage.

Rajan
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    I tried a quick hypermiling test drive on my 2600km run TJet a few days back to see what was the maximum FE I could achieve. Drove around 20kms late at night with zero traffic , kept the revs below 2000 mostly and got an FE of 12kmpl. Also fell asleep towards the end.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I am getting similar figures as you have mentioned. City average is between 10 to 11 without AC nowadays. With AC it ranges between 9 to 10.5. For highway I have managed around 14.3

WOW, you guys have got a great TJet and also immense 'FOOT' control. Did you guys get all fluids flushed and changed before delivery?
    Ever since I bought the TJet+ I am sufferiing from right foot depression: the right foot is not under my control and keeps on pressing the pedal :) even when I do not want it to
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    20!! check if it has a mjd under the hood. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    TJet indeed returns an average of around 18 kmpl on highways. In city its around 12 kmpl.