1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    1) Stock setup for music
    2) Sound is present while idling. In fact it starts after about a second after I turn the engine on
    3) No sound when engine is off
    4) Will check , but sound is definitely from rear right , at least when heard from the outside
    5) The sound is different from a hissing sound , more like an alternator whine I guess
  2. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    Same happens with my car too. But nothing to worry for as far as no burning smell. So enjoy your ride with pride:cool:
  3. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Okay. You are lucky to get your Fiat serviced at Fiat's exclusive service center.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi All,

Thank you for info. Please give me inputs regarding oil replacement also.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi,

I just called up the dealer and asked him about the parts covered under extended warranty. He replied these parts do not come under extended warranty. And he is sure about it. I called up Fiat CC. They asked me to go through extended warranty booklet and if these parts are mentioned in the book then I need to show it to the dealer and ask why are you not doing under warranty.

I will go through the book. Let me see where it will take me to..
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ahmed, Can you please mention how many kms your car has run?

The estimate for most parts (Labor excluded) and fluids seem to be correct. The oils that they recommended you to change are part of 4th Service (Paid), done at 45 K kms or X yrs (i don't know the years- check the manual). If you got this service done, i assume all fluids were already changed during the service, if not wait for the service and get them changed then.

Brake discs should cost you <2100 for a pair and labor varies across cities for replacing these. It's 400+400 here in hyderabad.

Strut pads are wear and tear parts and wear out depending on the Road conditions and driving style. My car has done 40 K and i do not have any suspension issues so far. If they think the suspension issue on your car is a manufacturing issue, you can push for warranty, otherwise you will have to pay for it. (Suspension is not covered under warranty post 35 K kms and i think it is not covered under extended warranty i.e. after 2 yrs of purchase which i assume you have crossed).
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have changed the fornt suspension Strut pads @4th service(45919 Km) under warranty the strut pad costing of 2531(single piece) INR with labor charges 900 both covered under warranty.
    My car havent completed 2 years ? is this the reason given me relaxation/warranty for the strut pads and labor charges ?
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You got warrantee because your car is registered as 'Private' car.

Condition of 35000 km is only for cars those are registered
    as ' Taxi'. I had got front sturt replaced of my FGT in warrantee after 35000 km.
    That car was not having EW.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Now this is something new that i have came to known about warranty related to taxi :eek:
    thanks for sharing bhai.
  8. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please check the thread.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/pre-sales...ring-replacement-under-extended-warranty.html

Now the dealer says if the part stop functioning then it will come under warranty. And that too they have to get approval from Fiat.

Another part: If the part is giving noise which is as in my case when we turn the steering wheel then, it has to be checked by Fiat and only after getting approval from Fiat, the part will be replaced.

Looking at thread above, don't understand why he has paid 7000 under warranty. This confuses.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thats true, the service centre need approval from FIAT,that happened in my case.

out of 7000 INR he had paid 280 rupees rest was covered under warranty.
  10. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vj,

My car has run 45000km and is 3yrs old. Is strut a wear and tear part?