1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Exactly the same thing here. The whine is audible inside the cabin and is very irritating. In our case the sound is more like the whistle at 12000 Hz. It is more audible near the front-left wheel, haven't checked at the back. Will do it and update in a few hours.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Parantap, i could not hear anything in the video that you posted

I can hear a couple of noises -
    1) the first one comes from the rear right. I was told by ABS that this is from the fuel pump and is in all cars
    2) the second one is the turbo whine which one can listed if music system is off and the car is running

My experience with ABS guys has shown to me that they are not reliable at all and are good at convincing customers that there is no issue (they have done this for most issues I have reported and they have guts to tell me sir you are over protective). Till the FASS opens, I can live with this noise. Other option is to allow TASS to screw up things and end up with something that is not working - this is not something that I want.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    I posted the 60000hz video just to point towards the nature of the sound.. the exact frequency could be different. In my case the sound is definitely from the rear right. Let me know what you find. :)

Do you have sound number 1) when the engine is running ? I was told by ABS is that the sound is specific to Fiat and that too only the TJet !

The sound is an irritant and nothing else - something you wish was not there , but not something which gets in the way of driving the JET.

My experience at ABS yesterday was quite better than what I faced at Dhingra. I was at ABS for around 7/8 hours with the guys trying to fix one or two noises/rattles that I had pointed out. The good thing about these is that they are infinitely replicable :) I know exactly what to do to get these sounds so convincing them was considerably easier. The FIAT guy took around 4-5 test drives before and after tinkering around and although all the issues were not fixed , we decided that I would come back later.

One of the junior guys is actually taking it quite personally that he could not fix one of the buzzes (this one is from somewhere on the driver side front - tried removing the wipers , the mesh like grill below the wipers , the sun visor but no joy). His parting comment was something to the effect of "awaaz to bandh karkey chhodunga" :boxer
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    1) comes when the engine is switched on. While car is running, it is not easily audible - i do not remember hearing it

ABS may be better than Dhingra (which I mentioned in an earlier thread), but they do not resolve problems that you report. The junior guy that you are talking about is probably the one who is good at removing the bumper and doing jobs on the AC. along with him there is maybe another engineer who is good.

Some ABS engineers are capable but the entire team seems to be under pressure to meet their "targets" i.e. you are serviced well if you are going to pay. For any warranty issues, they tend to ignore unless the problem is such that it is effecting the functioning

Also, since this was your first visit to them they will try to impress you. once you pay them multiple visits, you will know what I am trying to say

- - - Merged Post - - -

i will be going on vacation. once i am back in Jan, we should meet up. I will try to see if any other TJet owner in GGN can join us. We can then compare the noises and other things. Once the comparison is done we can visit TASS to get issues fixed
  5. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    That could be the noise of the pump priming and I think is pretty normal. The one I am talking about is audible when the engine is running.

Done :)
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I haven't noticed any irritating noise when the engine is running - with or without the music system.
  7. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Sumit which city you are from? What frequency you get this smoke?
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Definately noise is of fuel pump. Coz I can hear this noise in my 90 HP.
    But only when I listen by touching my ear to fuel lid.
    Means fuel pumps of MJD are silent than T-jet.

If you want to confirm check the noise at differant fuel level position.
    You will get variation in noise level at differant levels of fuel
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Checked it. The noise comes from the rear right side. It is very loud, can hear it from inside my house.

One more thing I observed. On pressing the power window switch or switching on the headlights, there is a slight drop in the noise, accompanied with a change in the engine note.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I went for a short spin and recorded the cabin noise in an effort to identify the whine, but no luck. I could only hear a flutter from the plastic carry bag on the passenger seat, turn indicator's "tik tik", but no whine.

I do realize that a human being's audible frequency range tends to become shorter with age and I do have a condition of Tinnitus in my left ear, but am surprised about the lack of the whine, though I played the audio in my home theatre system, with the volume turned up a bit. Could someone please check out and let me know if the whine is missing in my T-Jet or confirm that I am going deaf :D

Rajan