1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It would be just condensation and water vapour, the same as in flight cabins. No need for concern, unless it is accompanied by burning smell.

Rajan
  2. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Condensation happens due to water entering into AC unit? I fear rusting may happen if this is true. I suspect the same as there is a gap in the bonnet joint that allows water inside the engine compartment during wash and rain.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No problem at all, as Rajan has said.

I've edited the thread title to make it less sensational.

- - - Merged Post - - -

No no, nothing of that sort. It's the cool air which condenses upon entering the cabin or just before entering in the vent.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Mist from AC vents

The AC compressor lets out fine water vapour when hot humid air passes fastly through it, perfectly normal, am also in Chennai and live near the coast, more humid air there and hence I notice this often in my Punto.

First time though it freaked me out, rolled down all windows fearing some electrical failure.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  5. I have faced this in my car as well. It is due to humidity in air. I am in Chennai where humidity is high. When I open the windows and keep AC running, mist forms in AC vents. I have noticed this during night drive.

I believe, you are seeing mist when AAC is taking in external air.
  6. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Hope my AC is fine. Thanks Gurjinder for changing the title as appropriate. I was in panic as any passionate Fiatian would if anything seem to be wrong in their Fiat cars.
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i also had a similar issue. checked with local TASS. they said its no problem. its problematic only if it happens frequently. i guess it happens due to humidity.
  8. capt_slow

capt_slow

Mumbai
    @ vijay : i was informed it costs a whopping 40K by a tasc . i got mine replaced as temperature gauge was slightly inaccurate
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  9. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    TJet+ Whine

For the past few weeks I have started noticing a constant whine from the rear of the car when the engine is running. Issue was diagnosed as faulty fuel pump by the guys at Dhingra motors Gurgaon and the pump and filter were replaced but to no avail.

Yesterday i visited ABS and the senior SA there (who seemed a nice enough guy) mentioned that this issue is present with all TJets and there is no workaround. Based on my interaction with him all day yesterday , he seemed a genuine guy and hence I would like to get the feedback of other TJet owners/TFI gurus on this issue.

The sound is something like this - most prominent under the rear seat just behind the driver's seat :

1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I do not hear any whine in my T-Jet and could not hear a thing on this video either :confused:
    I must be getting old :D.

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012