1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oil/ Parts replacement

Dear All,

Few weeks back I had taken my car (Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion pack, 2009 model) for regular yearly service at Concorde in Bangalore.
    During the service I had specifically asked them to do greasing at all the door hinges and wash underneath the chassis in addition to oil top-up (brake, engine oil etc.)
    As expected they did not wash underneath and no greasing done.

At that time they asked me to go for oil replacement (My car has extended warranty; 2+2 years).
    Since there were some issues with brakes and steering wheel, they asked me to go for parts replacements.

I asked them to give me the estimation in detail since I needed time to think about it after knowing the quality of service for nearly 3 years for Fiat cars.
    I have attached the PDF files showing the estimations given by Concorde for Oil replacement and Parts replacements.

Any how I have to go for oil replacement and parts replacement, kindly go through and please let me know your suggestion on this.

My major concern is;
    • About the estimation
    • Quality of work
    • Regarding parts (Since my car is only 3 years old, I would like to know about the life span of these parts in general).

Awaiting for reply.

Thank you,
    Ahamed Beig

Attached Files:

2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Here are the files attached by Ahamed Beig for easy viewing of members :

scan1.JPG
    scan2.JPG
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For rear wiper blade, you can go for the aftermarket one. I have fixed Hella 12" some 3-4 months back. It is working fine. Cost is Rs. 120. It is easy to fix too.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  4. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you thulasi.

Guys, please give me inputs for other queries.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yesterday my punto's front strut pads have been changed under warranty,it was 4th service .the cost was the same as you mentioned 6000 INR.
    advise you to ask the same for under warranty.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Expect around 1000-1500/- plus or minus.
  7. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does this mean, even under warranty, we have to pay for the strut replacement?

If we are paying approximately 8000 (6000+2000) then what is the warranty for

Please clarify.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have not paid anything.
    he has given you the wrong information.please check once again.
    yesterday i have done my 4th srvice from FIAT exclusive service centre and it was the advisor's job to get it done under warranty.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  10. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Mist from AC vents

I own 76 hp Punto MJD Emotion. Sometimes I find in my AC odourless smoke like air gushing out of the AC vents (like we get in the flight cabins) and it all becomes normal after 5-10 mins. Normally the AC cooling is below par and as soon as the smoke is over the AC throws good cooling as if something choked the cool air before. Not always we can see the smoke, harrdly once in 2-3 days in the middle of my driving I see it for around 5 mins. I complained it to TAAS in Chennai but unfortunately when I showed them my car it all worked fine. They checked it also and found it to be normal. As soon as I drove out of the TAAS the I found the smoke again for 5 min. Can anyone suggest what could be the problem?