1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The old FIAT guys at Sector 52 motor market Chandigarh routinely work on the Linea and the Punto.

But this being a case of the ignition barrel crapping out, i don't think they can help.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I know this guy,yogesh,he deals with keys only,and does not repair locks,especially ignition slots.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    suspension overhaul

Am Planning suspension overhaul of my 2009 Linea run 67500 kms.Although there is very less noise from suspension but the front right side has become hard.I feel more vibrations on the steering and it increases on paver blocks road and I dont know whether its related to shocker getting hard.But I can hear some noise from my rear suspension.TASS say its all k since there is no noise and Gaadi Phatakti nahin hai.

Advise please whether change will improve the driving , handling and remove vibrations. Am not planning to go for the new kit
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Struts don't get hard, they pretty much die and lose their ability to decompress or return back after having been compressed.

Get the opinion of a seasoned mechanic and then take a call. Generally the real test is to take the struts out and then check them. Else you can press down on one side of the car and see if the struts are returning immediately or not. Worn out control arms contribute a LOT to deterioration in ride quality.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

And i was wrong,after thinking a lot,and the thought of not being able to drive for a month,i somehow managed to start it after a tussle,and drove straight to this guy,his technicians took an hour and voila the lock was fixed.

Now i think i should stop the TASS guys from sourcing the lock kit from italy.
    1 person likes this.
  7. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Good to hear that! What was the problem?
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

A Piece of metal was stuck,and they had to remove the slot,take it apart,grind it and fix it.
    It was totally mechanical issue,i wonder why cant T.A.S.S take this up.
    Will end up saving a lot of headache and not to mention money,and time.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Good to hear that the issue got resolved. TASS will not take it up. There is no money for them in this. It is easier and more beneficial for them to import the part (through FIAT, of course), replace the whole setup and charge the customer for it. These Service Centres have a tendency to replace the whole part, when possibly tightening a screw would resolve the issue, because the training costs/error margin go down and profitabilty goes up.

Rajan
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Good to know everything is back to normal