1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Details are posted in My Ooty Travel:-

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-tr...pions-league-hyd-bangalore-mysore-ooty-2.html.

Post no:- 12 & 13 has Pic, lots of pics are there, so not posted here. Post 14 has Velocity details.

Model of the Car - Punto

Variant - 1.3 MJD E Pack

Type of Fuel - Diesel

Deatails are from Ananthapur>Bangalore>Mysore>Ooty>Mysore>Bangalore>Ananthapur>Hyderabad.

Total Distance:- 1382 KM, Mileage:- 19.5 KMPL with AC & MUSIC.

Total Trip:- Hyderabad HOME>OOTY>Hyderabad HOME:-

Distance:- 1818 KM, Mileage:- 18.4 KM
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. govind

govind Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Starting problem

Has anyone faced this problem ?

When the ignition is turned on all the lights in the dash light up, but when you proceed to crank the engine there is total loss of power and the engine wouldn't start. I have tried pushing the batter leads doubting that it would be a loose connection but to no anvil.

But its fine if I get out, lock the door and try to start it again. I am sure this action has nothing to do with the problem :rolleyes:

any clues ?

cheers
    govind
  3. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I hope its your battery, check your battery hope it might gave up its life.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Suspects: Battery check for the battery health and connections
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Looks like a battery problem. If it indeed drained sooner than expected, get the alternator checked too.
    1 person likes this.
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    might be some problem with fuse :confused:
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Strange problem indeed especially since the steering I assume is not locked. Did you get it rectified?
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Man, this has never been heard off by me ever! Please let us know what was wrong and how you solved this problem. Fiat's throw up the weirdest of issues!
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

So i called up the helpline at 9am,and they quoted 400 bucks since car is not under extended warranty,all this for a distance of 3Kms.
    I called up the service manager,and he asked me to pick a mech from aftersales and have it checked.
    The mech managed to turn the key after a tussle,and it is indeed stuck badly,it works at times after a big tussle.
    So i am all set up for a hole in the pocket,the lock set is going to be replaced,provided them with the code,and now the wait begins.
    Any idea as to how much time does it take for lock set to arrive?
    I mean does it really come from italy?