1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    This is my best yet!
    Trip: Chennai - Neyveli
    Distance: 225km
    Avg Speed: 58kph
    Fuel Efficiency: 21.4kmpl

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg
  2. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

Recently I also got same 17.1 in Punto 1.4 for a distance of 380 kms, From my native Sagar to Bangalore :)
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Fiat Linea Ignition Keyhole problem

Damn damn,this worsened it,now it does not turn at all:(,if i apply some
    More force i am sure flip key will break:(
    Thankfully car is parked in garage else i would have been stranded somewhere.
    I am wondering now if i should have carried on with a little tightness:(
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Stupid question - Is your steering locked or does it rotate freely? Try turning the steering a bit, while trying to turn the key simultaneously.

Rajan
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That was the first thing i tried,alas this is not the case.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Any change if you move the steering with the key? It's quite obvious , but still...

Had a similar issue with the Palio, turned out to be a broken ignition barrel. The key was hard to turn, but jiggling the steering helped. Kept using it so for quite a while before having it replaced.

EDIT - Patchyboy has already posted what i did later. :)

WD40 wouldn't seize it solid, something else is causing the issue. Try with the spare key?
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Tried everything,it wont move.
    How much does a lock set cost?
    I am pretty sure cost must be high since it would involve replacement of keys as well.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Man, this is a bummer. I wonder how it has just gotten seized. Something is holding the stuff inside together and not letting it go.

Try inserting the key and tapping/hitting it slightly or with bit of force (try it with the spare key). The shock might free-up the stuck part. Just a thought. :confused
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    To add to what Gurjinder has already suggested, try this - insert the spare key and turn counter clockwise, as if you are trying to turn off the engine. Do it with as much force as you can, barehanded. I mean do not take a hammer or something to it. My guess is, whatever that is blocking, is blocking when you are trying to crank / start the car. So turning the key in the opposite direction, might just release it.

If you do succeed, crank the engine and drive straight to the service centre. No way of guessing when it might act up again.

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

1.2 Active:
    Milleage: 21.7 kmpl
    Trip: 139.5 kms
    Avg Speed: 59 kmph
    AC usages: 100% AC on