1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Are you feeling a rough and hard steering especially when the car is at stationary or at very low speeds?
    Please investigate the root cause of the leak. Consult your TASS. Most probably it will be a cracked hose or a loose clamp. If this is the cause it is not a serious but low fluid will spoil the power steering pump which should be avoided. Please check there is any visible spots of liquid in the engine cabin or on the ground.
  2. rj_fiat

rj_fiat

Kolkata
    FIAT officials didn't contacted me directly, they asked the tata dealer to look into the matter. The Sales Team of Tata Dealer in my Town is not qualified enough to answer this question.

But I found that the map is atleast 3 yrs old, as it was unable to navigate to colonies built in past three yrs. Though the device is saying that it is up-to-date.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    if you recieved a serial or license key with the device, then do a map upgrade online from the MMI website. You get at least one free map update. Check the version of the maps. The current MMI version is 7.1 I think.
  4. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Power steering Fluid Top up or replace?

No, the steering feels normal. I usually check the stuff under the lid & I saw that the fluid level is minimum hence I put up this query.

Also I will be taking the vehicle to Pune from Mumbai. Then later to alibaug from Mumbai. So I just wanted to play safe.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Then most probably it will be a cracked hose.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    If the oil was not replaced in first 3 yrs, then seeing it below min mark is normal, ideally you should replace it now or atleast top it up, otherwise you will hear "krrrr krrrrr" when you would move the steering, specially just after you start the car.
    1 person likes this.
  7. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Thanks Viny, any chance of this being DIY i.e. replacement.
  8. My self facing same problem - problem is because of low ground clearance
    i have replaced oil sump too... @ 7500km in Second Service because of guard and sump sticking with no gap making very bad sound like generator
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Ground Clearance Issue....Advise needed

It would be better if you could provide more information. I was thinking that yours is 2012 Punto after seeing your introduction thread.

Share all details as to why the sump was replaced. Do note that I have taken my Linea to all terrains with the old 161mm GC.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think your car got 173 mm GC. I feel that 173 mm is decent GC for a mature driver. You could go for a GC upgrade if you find it difficult. Will cost you around 14k. If you dont want GC upgrade, then the best you can do is to adapt your driving style through a series of trial and error. With minor hits, nothing serious will happen to the guard or oil sump.
    No offence meant: The underbody must have had a major hit to replace the oil sump. It will be wrong to assume that the car has an engine guard which will take care all situations. It cannot. If someone drives harsh on a bad patch, the engine guard itself will damage, so will the oil sump. So give some care from our side, the car will take care of the rest :)