1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I hate this time to drive in the rain as my ABS developed some problem. There is some issues with sensors. Few times it shows ABS Unavailable and some times it goes off too. Today it is heavy rain in Bangalore and I need to drive more cautious.
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    in the recent smaal flood that hit south india, my linea got drowned..... here the story, my dad, driver and a family friend all three of them went from my native chirala to vijayawada, whilw going the water level on a small bridge was just below the bridge, but while returning back in the night, there was a foot height of water on the bridge. my dad was driving and he slowly was driving through the water, suddenly from the left hand side, the water comes as a wave ( consider a small tsunami), and hits the traffic, a marithi 800 in front started drifting to the right and stopped at the side wall of the bridge.
    my linea was moving forward slowly and a 10 tyre lorry in the opposite direction crossed the linea pushing the water towards the car from the front and then the car stalls in the middle of the road.

thats when water went into the air intake manifold. slowly after the lorry went, the watere level strarted reciding, and when the level was just below the chrome strip on the car, everyone got down and pushed the car out of the water on to the dry road that was jut 30 m in front. when they got down the water came into the car and almost 10cms height of water was there in the car.

and when my dad started the car it started after coming out of the water.

ok now things that got damaged. the battery had to be replaced- went for an amaron din 60 and then the amplifier in the car got damaged. dad didnt notice this. dad took the punto and left linea here with me so i found out. the airbag ecu n other electronics are fine. although the car was stinking very badly still after somany days. i wish i was there, i could have saved the amplifier at least.

so i went for a foam 3m cleaning at kht motors. and my god the interiors are like brand new.... i never knew the result would be so good. i have decided i will get it done every year once...
    2 people like this.
  3. Re: Is it Safe to Drive Punto on a Rainy Day?

:mad: sorry 2 hear that buddy..man I didnt get a chance to test-sound your linea, nw the amps gone..getting any new amp??
    Btw how much did the 3m foam cleaning cost u?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    sad to hear about the incident Jay but good to know that it started without any problems once it was out of the water..
  5. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Power steering Fluid Top up or replace?

Good evening guys,

I did a recent checkup myself in my 1.2 Punto Active & found that the power steering fluid levels are showing minimum. I would prefer to top it with the recommended fluid or with the better one if available. I found that the manual says ATF Dexron III specs. Also if there is a similar fluid with shell lubricants then the distributor is just a phone call away.

Which fluid can I purchase & top up?

Regards,
    Hariharan.
  6. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    fiat customer care is pathetic
    i had some issue with my car after making tons of calls to fiat care still i dont get even one response
    i made a mistake with buying punto from india in indai
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think better to top-up with same liquid (ATF Dexron III).
    If the liquid again goes down, better to check with SC.
  8. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    That's the first time the fluid went down in the past 3 years.

Btw do the SC guys have small quantity bottle which I can get?
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I assume it must have been replaced after 2 years.

Get top-up done at SC, this should not happen frequently.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You can top up with any DEX III oil from Shell, Castrol etc
    But the level would not go down unless there is some leak, have it checked.