1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For me, it looks like VST has given you false promise. This is not the first case I am hearing about this issue with VST. You should have been very careful when dealing with those guys at VST. They are unethical and never been customer centric.
    1 person likes this.
  2. RajiniHasan

RajiniHasan Timido

Chennai
    Even I got reply from Fiat service that the concern will be taken to all dealers and get sorted out soon.

I have got good deals from VST than any others. So just getting from them.
  3. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    yes, 100% correct , at the time of booking in anna nagar , i seen one lady customer was fighting with VST guys because they delayed the delivery of car. i observed that the customer is behaving very decently but the guys in VST motors lost temper and shouted back to the customer, when we observe this scene as a customer , VST is so worst on handling customers.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am not surprised at all. I very well know about them as I myself experienced their customer care. That is the reason why I never recommend VST even though they offer better discount than others. After all, we need to have a good car buying experience to be remembered for so long.
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Did you inquire about map updates?
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    yesterday while driving through a water logged road I was just guessing the depth of water by looking at the cars in front of me. I saw an old gen zen whose exhaust was above the water level but an indica just besides it had its exhaust submerged in water and was blowing bubbles in water :O I kept revving my Punto hard as I was afraid that my exhaust would be submerged as well.

Is Punto capable of handling water logged roads atleast like zen? I was afraid as our exhaust is slightly bent downwards
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Water will enter through the air intake - if at all. You needn't worry if the exhaust pipe outlet is submerged or not. Pop open the bonnet and see where the air intake is. It's very high for standing water to be sucked in.

So, unless you plan on crossing roads which have bonnet high water logging , don't give it a thought and drive sanely. I know of a Punto which ingested water just because the driver ( a young lad) was driving like a complete fool. 100kmph+ on poor water logged roads ! He had it coming.
    3 people like this.
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore

Thank you for this clarification! This is reassuring! I always have this fear about exhaust getting submerged in water when i drive through water logged areas!!
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes it's a common misconception. The real danger is water ingestion through the air intake.

During the Palio days, when the "old" FIAT dealerships were still active, i remember the mechanic used to flood the exhaust piping on our Palio D with a pressure hose and then rev the nuts off the engine to clean the catalyst. :evilsmile

Pretty terrible way of doing it if you ask me.
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    But, there is always a possibility of water entering the Lambda sensor coupler near the catalytic converter, leading to MID display of 'Check Engine'. My Linea had this experience. The details are here and here.
    1 person likes this.