1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    AC Issues

My AC stopped cooling and some hiss noise from vents. Sent the car to TASS and according to them they found no gas in the system but strangely also found no leakage in the AC system as well as coil.They kept the car for 4 hours on the gas pressure check and 4 hours for the coil pressure check.Now they have charged the AC system system again and given to me.The AC coil is a problem area in Linea and am scared again this issue will crop up. my car is run 67000 Kms and is in EW expiring on 20-3-2013.

But my question is if there is no leakage how the gas leaked out and would a pressure check will find the leakage efficiently or these guys just want to escape the EW by temporally reffing the gas.

kindly help guys on the issue.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I had a similar problem with my AC, hissing noise accompied with no cooling and a bad smell. They replaced my cooling coil and refilled the gas and everything seems to be working okay now.

You could also probably check the O- Ring for cracks. Just my two cents.
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Tell them to replace O rings.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    They pressure checked the system for almost 6-7 hours including coil but couldn't find any leak.The check was done by pumping nitrogen gas in the system and checking the drop in the pressure with pressure gauge. The system was not completely empty but little gas was there.Now after the gas was refilled/AC system recharged the AC has become cold and also the hissing sound is gone.TASS explained the hissing sound was from expansion valve as gas in system was low.

What am scared if the coil leak is missed again after some time I will face the same issue.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    my assumption is in order to take request, they must be indentifying the car and its owner using its chassis they they do on online compliant and grievances form.
    1 person likes this.
  6. may be you are right Viny, any one in this forum having a punto sports share the chassis please
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Sorry to say, but chassis no are unique to each car, thus you would have to give your car chassis number. Furthermore I am not sure if anyone would be comfortable in sharing Chassis no online.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not sure if actually dealers sends any chassis number for parts request, otherwise each part will be linked to specific car.
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That fellow might have confused between the part number and chasis number as he said that he had not catalogue for sports variant.

I think it is part number only.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    In my Linea also, AC stopped working & Cooling Coil needed to be replaced. It was replaced under Extended Warranty but I had to pay for AC Gas.