1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I had the same issue in my new Punto but it happen around 85kmph to 100kmph, I have done a wheel balancing and the vibration has gone now.

I am sure it might be because of wheel balancing, its better to do a wheel balancing.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    You should probably first check your wheel balancing and also check for bent rims/alloys.

If you still face the problem then you would probably need to check your wheel bearings,engine and body mounts, tie rod ends and the complete steering assembly. But the most likely culprit would be bent rims/alloys or wheel balancing problems.
  3. Vinoth2612

Vinoth2612 Timido

Chennai
    Half or Full Clutch

Hi Guys,
    Which is better?
    Half Clutch or Full Clutch.
    my frnds advised me for half clutch so that clutch plate's life 'll be more.
    but my punto came with full clutch.
    :confused::confused:
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Half clutch or full clutch, the life of the clutch mainly depends on the usage pattern/driving habits, unless there is a manufacturing defect.
  5. Punto Linea comes with Hydraulic clutch,please floor the clutch before changing the gear.
    1 person likes this.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I also had the same problem of vibrations at high speed......did wheel balancing.....everything is fine now.......they have put 400 gms weight in total.....
    1 person likes this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Whenever you engage the clutch do it fully - Unless there is a need to whilst stuck in steep inclines etc.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Yash,I recently joined this community thats why a question so late..
    Did they replace only one Strut? AFAIK they have to be replaced in pairs.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  9. rj_fiat

rj_fiat

Kolkata
    issues against the navigation device offered by them in absolute edition

I bought 'Punto Dynamic Absolute Edition' from 'Classic Automobiles Dhanbad'. I took the delivery on 29th of oct 2012 at around 8 PM without absolute edition accessories. On asking they said that accessories are delivered late to them, so they will fix when it will arrive.

Today they called me for installing the absolute edition accessories,there I saw that Navigation device was not sealed, with no sign of its warranty card and its micro sd card. They were carrying that device barely. When asked about its condition to my shock I came to know that some one from there staff has stolen it from the safe, and on feeling the heat from the manager on stealing, he again kept that device in the safe there, and amazingly no one know who is the culprit. I refused to accept that pre-used device.

Moreover on checking the retail invoice It has been observed that the same is only for the 'Fiat Punto Dynamic' and not for 'Fiat Punto Dynamic Absolute edition'. And on inquiring they said that 'Ye sab mention nhi hota invoice mein', I don't know how much this is true.

Frnds My questions is:
    1.Was the sales person right regarding the invoice issue?
    2.whom should I contact to resolve my issue?

Thank you for reading my post, expecting your suggestions early
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Look up the FIAT contact list thread and write to them. This is atrocious.

Rajan