1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Which location are you from? Get the quote from Windshield Experts if they are available in your city. Generally their cost is less than that of FASS. After getting the quote, evaluate the option of using the insurance. I would say that if the cost is less than Rs.5000, pay from your pocket.
  2. upen

upen

Thx Ramjn . I'm in Delhi .. Called few Windshield express but none of them were having the glass in stock . Might try at Gurgaon tomorrow
  3. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suspension query

Recently i got a chance to drive mahindra logan and next gen hyundai i20 ....what these cars surprised me lot is their performance in the potholes and badpatches on roads...they didnt absorb too much of vibrations into the cabin...!! Keeping the fact that suspension setup of punto is slightly on the stiffer side i felt that the car struggles to encounter badpatches..I have to downshift and reduce the speed too low (say 5-10) other wise a thud noise is heard from the suspension and lot of vibrations is felt in the cabin and steering even though they are small patches.I know that punto offers the best feedback from the steering wheel...Is this normal or is there any problems with my suspension set up??
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Check your tyre pressure. Appears they might be over inflated.

Rajan
  5. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ya tire pressure is maintained regularly at 32psi:)
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Stock tyres? What size? What make? Having to reduce speed to 5-10 kmph for potholes sounds a bit extreme. The thud you hear, is it from one side or both?

Rajan
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The problem is you're slowing down, Keep driving on broken roads and you should get that magic carpet ride. At low speeds Punto's ride is definitely stiff and once speed picks up you wouldn't notice a thing.
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Why did I not think of that? I never go beneath 20, no matter how bad the road. OFC, the traffic in Bangalore consistently brings me down on my knees :A :A

Rajan
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've actually found the suspension to be good ..
    Blr roads are relatively good as well ..
    If its stock tires then 32 is too much. ..
    Bring it to 30 and see if it make you happy
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I JUST GOT MY CAR FROM 30K SERVICE, cost me 8551 including disc brake pads (was quite reasonable) service.jpg

how much did these items cost, especially the Brake pads (Magnetti marelli

right brake.jpg left brake.jpg
    note sure if it was time to change them..?? seems like they had a lot of life left.. on my way home, every time i braked, i heard a grinding sound..so thought of changing the brakes. how much further do u think i could have gone on theses pads..?