1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. For the usual oil change and stuffs like that we can get it done from outside places,but most of the parts are not available outside in the market(like maruti,tata)...
    In my Punto 1.2,when the CMSC wass burst,we had no option but to go to SC for this,but they didnt have the part,it took them almost a month to get the parts,so in the mean time my uncle(he is geek in auto world),he made a metal casing,even that burst,and was leaking oils..

Within 10k the brake pads was gone,and they were quoting 3k for the set,so he went and got the old brake pad fitted with a diff material,and god it was awesome..After a few months when the wheel cylinder was gone,the TASS didnt have it,and neither was it available anywhere(didnt know about kava then),and as a result the car wass running on the front brakes only:uh

On the other hand when my Swift met with accident,MASS quoted 70k,but we got it done from outside for 20k(even strut bars are available)

So what I meant to say is,unless the spares are localised theres too much risk of doing it on our own..
  2. Brake pads are availble out side and JK automobiles can arrange for spares faster then TASS does it for it's customers.TATA vista spares are easily available and boon to Punto owners.
  3. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Sat, how much Delvac 1 did you purchase ? I believe 3.2 litres is needed, and they won't be selling 200ml oil separately.

Any feedback on Delvac 1 - better than Selenia ?
  4. 5 lts can, Delvac is best oil money can buy, selnia is no comparison to delvac. can't compare lemon to a Orange.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    94000 kms - change struts + strut pads + springs(if Bad) + tie rods/link rods if bushes worn out. Overall the whole kit should be changed.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The point of this thread was not to complete push aside TASS servicing . the idea here is to reduce the cost of ownership when the owner knows for a fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with his/her car.
    Should that be the case, why would you want to spend so much money feeding those TASS folks who anyway steal a bush hear and a give a scratch there?

Under Sat's recommendation I've started using Delvac 1 and its been more than 3-5000 since i started using it.
    My car is now standing at 34000 exact and she is a beauty to drive...

The engine even at high RPMs does not make as much noise as it did earlier ( ofcourse my car's fuelling timing has been changed) but that apart if you drive my car and a stock back to back you will know the difference.

Bottomline.... Unless there is major work to be done I would recommend going in for outside servicing , IMO.

Parts list that I bought off the counter from TASS and outside include.
    1.) Engine oil (DELVAC 1) , JK automobiles
    2.) Brake pads (Magnetti marelli) , JK
    3.) Oil Filter (original Linea filter) , JK
    4.) Air filter, TASS
    5.) Turbo- intercooler hosing and piping , TASS (counter)

I've also got brake pads off the counter from TASS earlier but i had to wait for nearly 2 weeks.. @ JK i got it in 20mins.
    (Same GALFER brand that FIAT uses was available as well, but i didn't go for it)

Some other common things that i've seen ppl buy outside TASS.
    1.) Suspension kits (KAVA)
    2.) Turbo (turbo enery ltd) they supply turbo for FIAT and cost is some 12k
    3.) timing belt (KAVA)

SO as you see there is a huge list of things that can be bought oustside TASS and for much much cheaper.... So why waste money on TASS especially when you know that your EW is anyway over.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

As i said earlier,check the tyres and pressure first.
    Also does anyone have an idea,as to how much does a suspesnsion overhaul(not upgrade) in a linea costs?
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    theblack: the parts are cheaper outside any service center.

But any authorize service center will not all to do so. So if we know any good mechanic who can do this job then it will be a very value for money deal.

Finding a good & honest mechanic is a hard job whom we can trust upon.

I will just recommend that for normal checkups, break pads & oil changes we can go out & for major part like engine trouble then we need to approach service center.
    As these maintenance can not be recorded in the cars ECU history.
    But the engine work after removing battery will record in ECU history.

If you know the mech out side service center is trusted then go for it.
  9. upen

upen

Just found my rear glass broken in a parked car :( ..How much did it cost ? Did u use insurance?
  10. upen

upen

Rear windshield broken

Just found the rear glass of my parked car broken .. What is the best way to go about replacing it ? How much the glass cost . Any inputs much appreciated.