1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

One can drive through the water which is below the door level and as far as possible the exhaust should not be submerged. Keep engine revving and dont suddenly let the accelerator go off in submerged water. This may cause back pressure and water might get sucked in.
  2. Just an update I got my car serviced at Pride cars K.R Road bangalore
    I got the UFI Diesel filter ,Indica Vista Air filter,Ufi oil filter and can of Delvac 1 from JK automobiles J.C road bangalore. so these are same OEM parts which TASS would use.
    Cost of all of these came upto RS 6233, Harish charged me Rs 2000 for servicing+waxing,over all price was similar what I would have paind at TASS but better quality oil and better service.

1 person likes this.
  3. I too have he same issue but I found TASS had over filled the PS oil.
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Sat, it would help if you can post the prices of the spares you bought from JC Road.

I'm also planning to get the 60k/4th yr service done outside not from the A.S.S
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. ishlinea7260

ishlinea7260 Novizio

Suspension Overhaul?

Hi guys I have a Fiat Linea that has clocked over 94000kms.
    The ride has become quite stiff and I would like to do something about it.
    Now please tell me what should I do ? I mean do I need to change the shocks? or bushes? or anything else?
    Any help would be very much apperciated.
    Thank you.

Happy Fiating!!
  6. DR.K.Prasad

HI I recently got my suspension changed with the new higher ground clearance kit. It costed me 13k and i say its worth every penny. All four suspension units are replaced not only has the ground clearance improved even the ride comfort is better, i would recommend you to go for it straight away.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

First of all get the the dampers/shockers and springs checked and then check how is the condition of Control Arms and its bushes and also check bushes of ARB.
    Any ball end of link rod, control arm etc should not be moveable by hand and should stay in center location by default
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  8. Here is the actual bill. total is Rs 6233

I would suggest you to include MAF,EGR and intercoler cleaning in your service schedule.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Here is the procedure I found in FIAT forums to reset service light.

Once the service light comes on
    1. Turn the ignition to the "ON" position without starting the engine

2. Press the odometer reset button repeatedly until the total millage is displayed.

3. Turn the ignition switch to "OF"

4. Press and hold the trip odometer reset button.

5. Turn the ignition switch to "ON". Do not start the engine.

6. Release the trip odometer reset button after the service display counts down from 10 to 0 and the Service Light Resets.

Hope this is of help to those who do their own servicing.
    2 people like this.
  10. Half clutch is required for petrol car ,mjd's have anti stall feature,that too when the car is at 2K RPM none of these are required.