1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Company claimed is 20.3 kmpl for 75 hp,and 20.5 kmpl for 90 hp..
  2. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I totally agree with you on this. Its just for marketing purposes, just want to show low cost of ownership. So what service intervals should we follow??? I think 10,000km is good enough.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Company has not claimed any figures. The 20.3kmpl is ARAI certified figures.

Regarding, this specific case, you need to tell us your driving pattern before anyone can tell you way's to improve mileage.

Is this your first diesel car?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

What is the acceptable level of vibration at idle with:
    - AC, audio player and lights on
    - only audio player on
    - only lights on

How does this vibration (on car body) at idle vary across:
    - MJD
    - 1.4 NA
    - 1.4 TJet
  5. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Ignition switched on for long hour!

Hi Guys!
    Could not find a proper thread so please bear me. Today accidently my wife forgot to pull out the Linea keys from ignition and it stayed on for about 6-7 hours till i realized. As of now did not face any problem with battery or any other issue. What possible problem could crop up so that i can keep a track of it? Thanks in advance!!
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Nothing now. Just that battery could have discharged.
  7. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Average - MJD 2012 Jan model.

My MJD 2012 Punto Emotion, which has done 6400 kms in odo gives me a average of 14-15 kmpl with on and off a/c usage and a very judicious driving in city.... no long drives.

Once i got 16 kmpl in city driving, but mostly with out a/c and limited load. i think the HPS causes the lack of mileage which ritz and swift save from.
  8. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

A Leak is witnessed from the Power steering oil container, container extreior stained

Hi All,

For the past few days i see a leak/spill over, in the above said area in my MJD, though the filler was in place tight and secure. The spill over looks like a leak emanated from the cap as if it leaked due to incomplete closure, do you have an info as to confirm if it could be because of a oil seal present in the filler cap that may have breached ?

Once i had to drive through two very nasty unavoidable stagnant water stretches, both of them with about 4 feet deep water (600 meters stretch both put to gether) at a slow speed, i did not over rev though.

I personally feel to have witnessed this oil spillage incident only after this episode mentioned above.

Note: The PS oil level is between Min and Max and off late (4-5 days) off late i am forced to drive through some really rough patches though slow, in rains/ heavy rains in B2B traffic.

Question 1: Does the Filler cap come with a oil seal that may have broken, could have caused this leak?
    Question 2: Does driving in Stagnant water stretches cause the PS system to become haywire and spew oil ?
    Question 3: Does driving in uneven roads for long duration in B2B traffic cause this ?
    Question 4: Can i go for a quick fix (applying araldite/quickfix on the broken seal), if it really means well and appropriate.

If you have a work around, pl post . How do i narrow down and fix this issue myself. DIY fix.
  9. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Attaching an image by marking the area indicated where the leak was witnessed. Kindly advice.
  10. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Last friday, i had to drive through two nasty unavoidable stagnant water stretches, both of them with about 2.5 to 3 feet deep water (600 meters stretch both put together) at a slow speed, i did not over rev though. I was in first gear a/c off, window rolled down and crawled in 1500 rpm, looking for abnormalities. To my surprise nothing happened and was able to some how sigh a relief.

I am sure water would have entered through the gaps present in the sides of the engine guard, but no clues as to what would have happened to the engine due to that painful ordeal ??

No engine check light nothing as of now. but it was really a painful sight to witness impatient/merciless guys from other end in Swift DDIS/ Hyundai i20, indigo taxis doing a bold adventurous 40kph crossing in that huge puddle of water splashing water all over my car covering the top of my A Pillar, i wonder whether those guys ever thought about what happened inside their boot. Pity them.

One shocking thing to notice was that of a parked BMW 3 series 320 D, with it's parking lights lit and bonnet open,the car had stalled and not starting up. The owner/driver trying desperately to call a BMW A.S.S CC, which had just crawled out of the water puddle and had shut down.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012