1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    If you have access to this, request you to share it on the forum. Would help many here.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Teky is correct.

TheBlack, till 4year ( 50 Months) you have to do all service in Tata-Fiat workshop if you need to avail any benefit from Extended Warranty. After 4th Year/50 months you can opt outside.
  3. If i wait for 50 months and get the car sericed at TASS, car will have lot of issues created due to below quality service plus the damages like scratches free. I can't think of running on selnia for 50 months. i am addicted to Delvac 1 and TASS refuses to allow using Delvac.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

I did not understand your statement, can we buy parts like clutch,gear box oil or body parts from FIAT directly?
  4. swpnl_ptl

swpnl_ptl

Average of Punto 1.3 Dynamic Diesel Model

Hi,

We have purchased the Grand Punto 2012 Dynamic Diesel Model 6 month back.

Company claimed average of 23km per liter. But actually we are getting average only 13-15KM per liter. please advice what wrong with my car. How to increase its average to 20+ Km per liter

Thanks in Advance
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Drive car at 5th gear and maintain speed 80-100 km\hr, you will get max milege !! and Do not Break or accelarate suddenly !! always maintain 32psi tyre pressure !!
    Drive Safe:steering

@Mod : Please Moved this thread to correct section !!
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  6. It depends on your driving conditions and style.
    If its 100 % city driving with AC on then dont expect more than it.
  7. 1)First of all company never made any such claims,companies claim is 20.3 kmpl,but we get pretty more than that(only if driven sedately).Maybe you are referring to the showroom(they adopt such methods and mislead the customer)

2)13-15 kmpl in city with AC is very much fine,after the 2nd service maybe it will increase slightly.

3)Try driving on highway by resetting the trip-meter and then measuring the actual mileage.

4)Use the instantaneous Mileage indicator,this will help you to understand your car better and shift at proper rpm.

Hope this helps..
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  8. Even in City, you can expect a mileage of 16+ and in highways 19+ with AC on both conditions.

And the above claim is from my own Punto.

My Mileage mantra :

1'st gear : 0-10
    2'nd Gear : 10-25
    3rd gear : 25-40
    4th gear : 40-60

Its always advised to use 5th gear as far as possible.

5th gear : 60 & above.

If you follow these ratios, the RPM will not be much over 1800 RPM, which leads to lower RPM, low fuel consumption & higher mileage.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Swpnl ptl, Company claimed mileage are 20.5 KM/L; not 23 KM/L.
    Mileage depends on driving style, road condition, which gear you are running.

Try to maintain rpm 1800-2200 in 2,3,4,5 gear and watch the result.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Where Fiat claimed this average?
    But you might get if drive properly on correct speed and empty roads or highways.
    Check this thread for normal mileage people are getting - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/205-fuel-efficiency-fiat-cars-india.html

This is what most people gets in city traffic, with AC.