1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Cinju-can you share the details of the OBD device you using.
    Are you able to use it with your phone? What software u using on phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

3. binaiks

Which Service Station in Bangalore?

Hello all,

I have a Grande Punto 1.3MJD Emotion. It has done 71K kms. I am planning to take it for service at 73K kms (the earlier service was done at 58K kms instead of 60K). Mine is a KL registered vehicle and I am currently working in Bangalore.

I was getting the car serviced earlier at Concorde Motors, Cochin. Now with reports of Concorde not stocking enough Fiat Spares, I am in a confusion. I am not happy with the other dealers in my area (Hyson Motors Thrissur and RF Motors Ernakulam). So I am thinking of getting the service done in Bangalore itself.

Any pointers to a good and reliable service station? I ruled out Concorde since my experience with them when I went for a TD was not great. How about Prerana Bommanahalli? Its closer to my house.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    There are threads on each service center and its reviews.
    Read and decide yourself.

There is no problem with parts in Bangalore Concorde. KHT is preferred service center for Bangaloreans.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Concorde Motors diary circle...The only instance when they did not have the part in stock was when I asked for rearview mirror glass recently. 2-3 days later I checked again, they had the part in stock. Service quality in general was good.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Does it make any more sense to go with TASS after EW

After my visit to TASS today i was told many things about EW that got me thinking on these lines..
    Opinions needed..

Here is the status.
    My car has done 34K and come Dec it will complete 3 yrs , just as a casual round of talk i spoke to the SA there and he told me that my 4th service (Due this Dec) would roughly cost me 7-8K and that got me thinking on these lines..

Anyway after 35k my Extended warranty is good as dead and the only reason i had to worry about TASS service was to claim any warranty (if ever it occurred).
    as for servicing i honestly believe that they are charging quite high so here is my opinion.

since my car is going to be out of warranty shortly , there is no need of TASS (who anyway dont do a good job)
    I have a trusted mechanic who takes care of any brand of car like he owns it and so far I'm very happy with his work .
    I can just take the service manual and ask him to do carry out servicing as per the manual and its going to work out cheaper anyway...

point 2
    If in case there are any parts to be replaced I will either buy it from FIAT off the shelf or take it to FIAT for a part replacement or get it from KAVA or other guys (Depending on the complexity of the part).

This will save me quite a bit of money and also i will have a personal care taken of my beauty..

THis is my understading of EW and servicing , if i've missed anything that might be a big problem please let me know..

What do you guys think?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Only suspension is limited to 35K, other parts will be under warranty, till 50 months.
    Getting spares will be difficult from service centers. You can get consumables and some plastic type parts, but I doubt they would give you any major parts.
  8. I have decided to order Diesel,air,pollen filter from KAVA and go to Pride cars for service. TASS is charging Rs 2300+600 as labor charge for pathetic service they provide.it seems it would cost Rs 8000 for the service.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    After your EW ends, if you feel your job can be done by good mechanic from outside then go to them without any issue.

After EW ends for any issue you have to pay from your pocket, Fiat will not take car any, so why you are looking for TASS again if you are not happy with them.

In Outside, you can monitor your car work too.

Buy all parts & fluid you used from TASS for previous servicing directly from FIAT and give it to outside mechanic. They will do the job proactively & with good manner. There are lots of outside workshop who works for Fiat Car and have good knowledge of it.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Kindly read the terms and conditions - It may state that for the EW to apply the car must be serviced at an FASS for you to claim warranty. You may save some bucks by getting service done elsewhere but I'm doubting how Fiat would entertain your warranty clause if they don't have a track of your oil, filter changes. Remember service is the biggest money generator and they wouldn't let it go so easily.
    1 person likes this.