1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Door Central Locking - Third time wrong- Advice needed

All,

From last 10 days of my purchase , My car door central locking is faulty for third time, First two times I took it to a AADYA motors service center, First time one of the technician identified problem in left front door and they fixed it, They told me there was a loose link in the rod they fixed it , Second time it went faulty I took it to the same service center, They summoned a 17year old boy to fix it, Three boys started to work on the left front door again ,I asked the service manager doubting if he is really capable of Fixing it, he told me he is their central lock expert and advised me not to worry , But unfortunately it went faulty again , Now even the window roll up -roll down button is also not working, it works from driver side, but the door specific button is not working, Now please advice what to do, Should I call FIAT customer care explaining the problem or Should I talk to the service center guys again? Or is there any service center who can fix this problem permanently, Please advice
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Please use thread for putting all the issues with your car, or use your ownership thread.
    Please be mindful before creating new threads.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Finally figured out how to fold the rear seat completely and get a flat bed in the back :D

There is a loop attached to the seat part of the back seat, right in the middle, below the foldable arm rest. Even if you are unable to find this loop, no need to fret. Just push your fingers into the gap where the seat meets the backrest and pull the seat up. The seat portion is independent of the back rest and the seat portion will lift up completely vertical. Now pull the flaps behind the head rest and lower the backrest completely and viola, you have a flat bed.

Pictures for reference :

WP_000125.jpg
    WP_000127.jpg
    WP_000128.jpg

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    MODS: Please delete - duplicate post
    Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    Problems with my car - need help

Hi,

It's been almost a year and half since I bought my Punto 90 HP.

After buying it - within the first couple of months itself the C-Pillar cladding (the one which holds the parcel tray and goes all the way up) started coming off. Along with it some or the other rubber bidding on the doors kept coming off.

Now after a lot of hassles and emails, I got the C-Pillar cladding changed (took them almost 7 months to get it) under warranty. and again this cladding also has started coming off. this was informed to the dealership at the time of service to which they said - they do not have the necessary parts with them yet.

The car met with a minor accident - due to which I had to get the tail gate replaced. ever since that day the rear windscreen washer has stopped working. the workshop hasn't been able to match the paint shade - and the stickers have fallen down numerous times.

The other day the driver was washing the car - while cleaning the rear windshield he pulled up the wiper (without any force) and it just came off!!

Past 2 months the rear left side passenger door's window refuses to come down more than a centimeter.

is anyone else also facing the same issues?
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Not sure about other problems, but might be able to help out with the quoted issue. When you press the window down button, does the window roll down just a bit and then starts making a noise as it something is stopping it? If you try pushing down manually, while keeping the window switch pressed, are you able to push the window down some more / completely? If your answer to both questions is yes, then please get a can of Zorric and spray along the edges of the windows glass. Try getting the solution into the beading that holds the glass and that should resolve the issue.

Had the same issue with my Palio and this solution worked.

Rajan
  7. amitrane

amitrane

Pune
    Need help

Hi Guys,

It's been long time , coming back to this forum...

I got news that there is new fiat exclusive service center in Dapodi Pune..My punto due for last free service . Any experience with this service center . I am currently staying in Wakad, Pune

previous service done in pandit @Akurdi , not great experience , not sure about their current status

it's been great journey with Punto 1.3 MJD emotion BNW, till date ,20K covered.. no major rattle & plastic issue observed

issues started recently are as follows

1. some issue with Rear suspension , not working as it used to work before.
    2. some whrom-whrom sound coming from right front & rear tyers , while starting ...disappears soon after picking up speed
    3. vibrations sound from engine @ idle & in general , increased over period
    4. Stearing started feeling heavy , even at low speeds
    5. metalic sound coming while appliying brakes
    6. car pulling to left
    7. Gear shift is not precise & feel rubbery
    8. Tyre noise is more at speeds , can we do anything for noise insulation & what can be best replacement considering if i want to upgrade to 195/60 from 175/70 Michelin / yoko ?
    9. let me know correct tyre pressure to be maintained [ in city 33 PSI works fine , but on highway it has to be 32 ..with 33 feel bouncy consustently]
    10. Also let me know use of tyre sealent & it's effect on ride & handling
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. coolboy

coolboy Timido

Dear Friends,

The issue with my Punto has been resolved now. Thanks a lot for your kindness in providing your feedback.
    I am quite happy to drive my Italian Beauty now. I will keep you posted about the updates...

The service guys have not given me the job card / invoice, but on requesting for the same they said they will send it to me via email.

Cheers
    Coolboy
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    What happened today?
    I was on the Marathahalli-Sarjapur Outer ring road near JP Morgan. A Getz on my right suddenly deflects to the left, in a split second, I also deflected to the left to avoid the Getz banging me, and I hear a noise from my left only to see a biker hitting the left rearview mirror, losing balance, somehow gaining control and stopping at a distance. He was coming at such a bad speed, that too on a busy road.
    I showered the choicest abuses at the Getz driver, in my mother tongue. He suddenly lowers the window and asks "enthu patti", meaning what happened?

Outcome: Left rearview mirror glass broken, for the first time in three years. Special thanks to FIAT for making a mirror with two-way action.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    2 people like this.