1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    May be they might have forgotten to print it. Quite possible. ;) My manual has some blank pages and some pages missing.
    2 people like this.
  2. made4deepak

made4deepak

punto 1.2 emotion petrol pickup issues

Team, i purchased punto 1.2 petrol emotion in Jan 2012.it has run around 2600kms so far.i find the pick up of my vehicle being very less..i really need to press accelerator really hard for driving fast.in 3rd, 4th gear vehicle doesnt go smoothly as it should.first service of car done in june 2012..on informing dis to fiat service people they say nothing wrong with the car and all is well but thats nt d case..

Pls help..
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    1.2 has max torque much earlier than other petrol cars. So one need to keep the rpm in the optimal range till it get the momentum. Just a possibility.
    If the pick up problem has started recently then contact TASS.
  4. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    We are using Britax First Class Plus for our 1year 4 months son since he was 10 months old. Extremely satisfied with the product. We have done several trips using this - Blr-Adoni, Blr-Mysore, Blr-Pune.

First Class Plus can be used from 9 months to 4 years. It is categorized as group 1 car seat.

Please refer the link - BRITAX Child Car Seats | Car Seats for Toddlers & Babies to decide the appropriate car seat category for your kid.
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    :eek:fftopic i used to put additives in santro when it was 90k kms old . 1ML/Ltr , and yeah the results were clear , car felt very smooth and very refined . Never tried on Punto .
    One of my known one tells very hilarious tales of Putting additives , kind of tablet , in his swift diesel and winning races against cruze et al
    1 person likes this.
  6. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Those are Nitrox tablets, not recommended for Diesel. Easiest way to kill Engine.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    I tried putting Cyclo Fuel Injector & Carb cleaner in my 2009 Punto. There was a difference in the pickup. But don't know about the mileage. Also the engine felt a lot smoother.

But it is each to his own. The results may vary. I also saw a thread in myfiatworld in where a member had tried the Injector cleaner additive in his Palio Adventure & got good results.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The diesel/ fuel filter that we change every 15000kms and which is very costly does its duty perfectly to protect the injectors from clogging. This is the reason Fiat has not mentioned injector cleaning.
    Besides the injectors have very critical components and even the filter of each projector is very costly.
    Still if there is a problem in injector TASS does open them and send to Bosch people who charge a bomb to clean them and if they change the filter then cost per injector is 4500rs.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
  10. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    checked for the smell yesterday. Its definitely not present inside the car. Most likely from the exhaust. btw I searched for more details and there seem to be a whole lot of smelly diagnosis of car happening. Would like to share a few of them with you-

thanks
    puntojith