1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI Coolboy.

It is little dissappointing to know that you are facing issues in a brand new car. Many of the issues will be minor and may have been blown up unnecessarily by the inexperienced service guys. Try to connect with fellow TFI'ians from Cochin and look for a good service centre there.
  2. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Coolboy, Welcome to Fiat Family, I too have booked FIAT PUNTO SPORTS due for deliver on this friday!, I am still skeptical about this vehicle, I have been seeing one or the other issues in this forum like Door Locking not working, Steering column change, Vehicle steering to left/right, suspension problems, wiper/washer problems from relatively new owners of PUNTO, Hope we both have taken good decision on buying FIAT, Anyways wishing your car to get well soon!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think it is better to wait for three days.Let them hear from company. It looks like problem is some where else and the disc replacement was unnecessary.
    Feeling sorry to hear about this in a new vehicle.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard Coolboy.

I'm sorry to hear the inconvenience you've faced. The issue has surely made me think. But sometimes we miss the most obvious of things. For starters, i would double-check that everything in the front (brake caliper mount, suspension, steering etc etc) is tightened and torqued up as it should be from factory.

For every few Puntos/Lineas with some niggles, there are thousands others who silently keep doing their duty the way they should day after day. Whose owners don't even know something like TFI exists. So, we shouldn't gauge anything by such issues. ;)

Cheers.
  5. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    I agree but looking at the issues what every one is posting nowadays , also looking at the car sales chart from fiat, their attitude when a new customer walks in to showroom with a dream of buying fiat , it is not inspring for potential buyers like us to blindly accept the fact that we have made a good decision on buying FIAT at the beggining itself, may be after few runs with the car our passion towards FIAT increase, one has to experience something to get an addiction!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
  6. Welcome to tfi...

Hope the issues get sorted out soon!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  7. coolboy

coolboy Timido

Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for your feedback and good words. I have recived a call from Service Manager Concorde motors and have been informed that they do not have a replacement vehicle available and they will take my vehicle for analysis once they have a replacement vehicle. They informed me to get in touch by tomorrow

Cheers
    Coolboy
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi coolboy Congrats for your new car,
    for the issue you are facing, did you do a hard braking at some high speeds sometime during the run.. hope SC solves your problem

Good luck
  9. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

My car which has run 1900 km now, has also a similar problem that has crept in since last few days.
    Whenever I brake from speeds like 40/50kmph to zero, and the gear lever is at neutral, there is a slight vibration coming up from somewhere in the front side of car making the whole car vibrate a little for a couple of seconds until it stops. the vibrations are similar to brake pedal judder when ABS kicks in but of very less magnitude. The steering doesnot vibrate at all. It doesnot occur when I brake in non-neutral gear.

I checked braking both in neutral/engaged gears, leaving my hands off the steerring wheel. The car doesnot leave its straight line at all.
    At present the issue is very minimal that I am forced to not give it a heed but since I saw your thread, I thought of putting this up. If anyone has come across such an issue please advise.

--
    As Gurjinder has pointed out the first things to check for (thanks for that), could this be due to loose link/tie-rods which is quite a familiar case with new Puntos straight from factory? In my previous car, WagonR I used to understand the noise of a loose rod but in Punto I don't get any such noises either.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  10. coolboy

coolboy Timido

Hi Surya,

I have not done any hard braking yet

Cheers
    Coolboy