1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Does your gear lever have play of more than 1- 1.5 cms when in neutral/rest position.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Lever play means that the gear lever is not tight that when the gear lever is in gear (1st or 2nd or .........), it can be moved to either sides as if it's in neutral (although not as much as in neutral though). Am I right.

I think I need to perform this exercise.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    That's the point whether that particular TASS knows the job well.

About the UJ joint I think u r right they have to pull the column out.still will get it checked.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    You could but then it depends on the height and weight of the kid. If the seat belt can go across their chest at a normal angle, it would be fine. For smaller kids, a car seat with seat back or a booster seat is a must.
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Fuel Efficiency Competition anyone?

Guys,

I know there is already a thread discussing fuel efficiency of Fiat cars. The objective of this thread is to see who can get the most milage out of our Fiats. Here is what I propose:

1. A minimum trip of 100 kms
    2. Post before and after pictures of the MID
    3. Post Average consumption and not instant consumption

Let us post in the following format:

Model of the Car - Linea/Punto/Palio etc.

Variant - EP 90 HP/1.3 MJD/1.4 Fire/1.4 T-Jet etc.

Type of Fuel - Petrol/Diesel

FIAT has a notoriety of being a gas guzzler, from the past. As FIAT lovers, let us do our bit to prove that assumption wrong.

Any takers?

Rajan

MODS : Please delete thread if you think this is a futile exercise. Thanks.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Hi, I too got the same problem. The steering makes Thud thud sound while turning right or left, even when vehicle is stationary. Also, i could feel a vibration and rattle while going over a bumpy road. I have Linea emotion FIRE. Which has done only 30k kms.
    I reached out to TASS and they told me elastic pads (shocker pad) would need to be replaced. And estimate he gave me is 7000. He said 6000 for the part and 1200 for the labor.
    Isnt this too much? I saw in this forum that the elastic pads cost around 2500. Can i get it done from a local dealer? I live in Delhi.
    Thanks.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    How old is ur car I mean which year /month.Elastic pads are covered in the warranty and extended warranty upto 35000 Kms. Don't pay even a single paisa for the job.

I got it changed under warranty at 44000 Kms (old design) and later at 61000 Kms the new design bought from Kava Motors @Rs. 2500 per set.

The issue in my car is i get sound even moving an inch from left to right.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sahib1517, which TASS did you visit.

I would recommend HIM MOTORS, Patparganj. Meet Mr. Sharma there. He shall advise you on the best possible solution and also find out the real cause of the noise.

Cheers.
  9. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Hi, My car is 2009 March make and it has done 32000km. I went to Tuli Motors Raja Garden, New delhi. I have heard Him motors is good, but it is too far away from my place.
    I asked the TASS that this should come under extended warranty, but they told me it is not.
  10. coolboy

coolboy Timido

New Member to fiat Team seeking Team Fiat Colleague's advise

Dear Team Fiat Members,</SPAN></SPAN>

I am a new member to your team. I bought a new Fiat Grande Punto Emotion last month from Concorde Motors Cochin and I would like to share my initial experience with the vehicle now. My white Punto has crossed 2000 kms and the ride quality from a Driver's point of view is excellent. But I have to admit the fact the foot well is a little bit cramped and one needs to get familiar with it gradually.</SPAN>
    </SPAN></SPAN>
    The issue I currently face is that the steering wheel vibrates on applying brakes / placing the foot on the break pedal and this vibration causes a panic feeling inside the cabin. I have contacted the Service team of Concorde Motors; they did a diagnosis and informed me that vibration is due to faulty break discs and break pads. The brake pads and the break discs have been replaced. The issue had been temporarily resolved for two days from the date of replacement. Now the vibration of the steering is even verse. I have contacted the Service Manager of Concorde Motors and the technical expert from Concorde has driven the Vehicle.

They too agree with me on the issue and they would like to take some measurement of the disc and other related figures to send a diagnosis report to Fiat. They would like to have the car in house for at lease three days to fix the issue. I have asked for a replacement vehicle during this time and I am yet to get a response from Concorde Motors.
    </SPAN></SPAN>
    I have mailed the fiat Service team regarding this issue while I noticed this issue for the first time and I have received the reply that my dealer will get in touch with me soon.</SPAN></SPAN>

May I request you to share your expert opinion on how severe this issue and how would I be able to solve this issue with Fiat Service colleagues in a better way than this issue is been dealt currently.</SPAN></SPAN>

Cheers
    Coolboy