1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I doubt there is anything to add when the mastro ^^ replies to you!!!

At 7.8 OTR, it will be an understatement to call it a deal.. you got a real steal man!!!
    My personal opinions on your concerns are:

1. The coolant level keeps varying, based on the circulation in the engine. Going above the 'Max' mark sometimes is normal, as the coolant is lesser in circulation. The idea is, when the coolant is still in circulation, the level in reservoir, i.e., the bottle we check it in, shuld not go below the 'min' mark. And also, the temp gauge staying right where it should be confirms to the quality of coolant in your car.
    Also, while topping up the coolant, it is important to keep a note of the grades and types as mixing two types may cause a reaction and converting the solution in your car to mere water.

2. Shell Synthetic! Stay away!!! Fiat has so developed an oil exclusively for Linea, the 'Selenia'. Stick to that. Also, the oil level, as coolant, is also to be check in a cold engine. While you were at the refilling station, the oil must still be in the cylinders, and therefore showing a lower level. It takes good 30 - 45 mins cooling for oil to settle down in reservoir after the engine has been shut off. I recommend to check the levels of a cool engine and then take the decision o topping up, if required. That too, with Selenia K ONLY.

3. Do not worry about this. Get concerned only if you start compromising on air pressure on a rapid basis.

4. Some times, the slopes are of such less angels that we, in the car do not feel, but cars do feel any slightest change in elevation. Try this, on the same road (read same signal), if you stop the car the other way round (front side back), does it tend to go forward as well? I seriously doubt if this is an issue with the car, but more of road!!

These are my personal thoughts on concerns. There are experts in this Team, who will be able to throw a better light on the things you highlighted.
  2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Mr. Mehta Congratulations for your new car.

All your questions have been answered by J. Ravi Sir.
    Always top-up oil or coolant at the service centre or by yourself. Don't ever listen to these smart petrol pump guys.
    In case you have any querry and since this is a new car, take some time off to visit the service centre. Top-ups can be done easily without even taking your car into the workshop. Rely on the service centre guys till you have enough knowledge to do these things yourself.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If the TASS guys refuse to sell the oil you can ask them for a TOP UP. New vehicle due to more friction may consume little more oil. Next service you can ask them to return the remaining unused engine oil and you can use it for top up. If you are doing it be careful not to keep the cap on dusty surface. Also use a funnel or a new plastic glass for top up. If you search on the engine coolant thread in some post it is mentioned how much oil is needed to fill MIN to MAX so accordingly you can pour(I don't remember now. Will post it if I get it) After filling tight the cap and start the vehicle and run it for 2-3 min if you are not planning to take it immediately. Rest of the things are explained by Ravi sir.

Regarding item 4 do not use clutch to stop the vehicle if there is up slop. Use hand brake as ravi sir mentioned. But careful to release it before taking:)
    Congrats for your Tjet. It is like a piano. Play it and enjoy it with routine maintenance.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Gear issues

I am experience some issues in my gears.when I change the gear from 2nd to 3rd the lever movement goes littleon left (1st gear side) side and I have to pull it little on the right to put the gear in the 3rd slot.There is also difficulty is putting the 5th gear.The smoothness is missing in 2nd to 3rd gear.Also When i check the neutral position by moving the lever from left and right , lever feels hard and refuse to move smoothly (especially when the check is done engine being off).

Issues /Problems

Clutch Bearing noise ( goes away after pressing clutch) started around 59000 Kms and since then i have driven 4500 Kms.clutch has not become hard. kms done 63500 .TASS says clutch ok.

What could be the issues.Could it be the wearing gear syncronizer / block ring assemblies or clutch.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just go to the TASS & show your problem. Ask them to check the clutch setting of your car. As you are saying there was the issues with the bearing. That might have cause the problem which you are facing currently.
  6. s_mehta

s_mehta

Hi all

Thank you immensely for your inputs ! I can't wait to take this car out on the highway. Will plan a trip as soon as i get some breathing space at work.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Rishikesh
    Fiat cars has hydraulic clutch. Hydraulic clutch is self-adjustable. No setting required.

@ varin
    Get the gear cables adjusted & shift mechanism lubricated.
    Check gear cables for its teflon coat.
    IF Teflon coat is no more get cables replaced.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My Car now going for steering column change

My linea has developed play in the steering column. I am getting getting thud thud noise if u move the steering little from left to right and shaky/vibrations on portholes and bad roads.The problem area mostly is UJ cross (rs. 2000+ labour)but it is not covered in the extended warranty however if u replace the full column assembly it is covered.But the problem area is opening the full steering assembly and re fixing and if not fixed properly other problems.

Guys please advise which mode I should go for.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Me too had the thud thud while steering and I got it replaced FOC under warrenty.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Don't worry, get the entire thing replaced while you can. It's not that big a job if the guys know what they're doing.

Not sure, but to replace that universal joint, the guys will have to pull the steering column off in any case as it will have a splined connection to the steering rack.