1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hmmmm! Now am thinking that best thing to do is to leave the engine bay untouched and take care of it only during service :confused:

Btw, I have driven @ 50 kms after the wash and touchwood, havent faced any issue. But no point in taking chances!
  2. ^^ true... Better Safe than Sorry!!! or Prevention is better than cure (I am not sure which of the two fits here better) :D
  3. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Punto dynamic: Door lock and Unlock query

Hi All,

I couldn't find any similar thread and therefore posting this query in a new thread.

I know that the Punto's door locks automatically at speeds above 20. However, does it also unlock when the engine is switched off.

I am not quite sure about it myself. But on 2 occasion it so happened that when I switched off the engine, the door unlocked. However in my 2 months of ownershp this has happened only twice. I went throug the manual but coulnd not locate any material on this feature.

Can the experts pls throw some light on ths issue.

Cheers!!
    Abhi
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It gets locked automatically over 20 speed and one need to pull lever to open gate, even if engine is switched off.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Out of 3 ,my 1 wash will compulsorly be the engine bay wash and didnt faced any issues till now.and also always prefer the whole body(exterior,undrbody,engine bay) wash after highway drive as there are many dead creatures on the highways.
    In rainy season its better to have whole body wash,especially mud particles around the suspension and ofcourse one dont like the dirt ;)
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Ganges, Good to know that you have not faced any issue inspite of frequent engine bay wash! Yes, personally even I prefer total body wash (especially after a highway drive) because dirt on my beauty irritates hell out of me! :uh
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Will Chk his with TASS
  8. So far.. i have been managing to keep her clean my self..
    but after the recent rains.. and my trip delhi - agra - delhi, planned for today - monday... i think I will need to get her professionally washed on return...
    especially the under-body..
    from the discussion here.. i am still not sure if i will let them open the hood!!!
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Shikhar, usually hood area takes quite a bit of time to get really dirty. If you are not comfortable, you can do away with it and just get the outer body, under body and interiors cleaned which is sufficient to make your ride sparkle! :D
  10. @punto_emotion:
    For this time, I shall be sticking to body, under-body and interiors..
    However:
    If there are any members from Ghaziabad.. can anyone point me to a good washing bay?
    Presently, I give my car to maruti service centre (D.N. Autoland), to the mechanic who i be-friend-ed while my frequent visit to the service center during my alto ownership time... who washes it on the bay he washes the SX4