1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^^ You are right, but the car wash guy in his ignorance used that word which I reproduced here. He also said he needs to be careful with WagonR models as they develop starting trouble after an engine wash.
  2. @Arryan : That is greatly helpful... thanks a ton!!!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

While the information from @Arryan allowed me to delay the test of PUC in Ghaziabad, my this post is to apologize that I will not be able to update you guys on today's experience at PUC station!!!
    I will hold getting the test done after another 6 months or so...
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Injector cleaning additives

Am planing to use additives to clean my injectors. One way is pouring the solution in the tank and another is via fuel inlet/oulet. The TASS guy told me that Fiat has not recommended the Additives like SYSTEM D or others for cleaning their MJd engines injectors but Tatas do recommend that for their Quad.. engine.Maruti too recommend injector cleaning as a service schedule after 50000 kms.According to TASS ther is no problem in using in MJD, infact it will clean up the system.

Anybody has tried additives kindly give the brand name and experience in engine noise/performance.It will be highly appreciated.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kindly follow what FIAT recommend - No additives. If they wanted, they could've easily placed some cleaner/additive/flush at TASS and tell the owner to use it every 15k service , to earn some $$$.

But they did not.

So let's follow atleast this advice of them.

Cheers.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I am more worried about cold water finding its way on hot engine block/head. I am always paranoid about getting engine bay washed and do it only at 'Man Machine' group outlet where they use hot steam to clean the engine bay.
  6. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    I get my car jet washed and always get the engine bay cleaned with the jet. Fortunately for me the boy there had a bad experience previously with a punto. It seems he washed a punto engine bay thoroughly holding the nozzle close up as he does for every other car. But when he set out to deliver the car to its owner, it shut down in a hundred meters. They had to call the service and had to replace something (which of course he doesnt know. What he knows is that it cost the owner 6000 rs!!). So he uses a milder jet (by holding the nozzle at a distance of atleast 5 meters) from then on. I havnt had a problem with this till know (after 5-6 washes).
    So I would say, get the engine bay cleaned but tell your guy to give a mild cleanup by holding the jet nozzle at a safe distance and may be two or three sweeps.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is the point where I would like to have some technical guy from FIAT with their wisdom come and explain their rationale. Why?
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Explaining the rationale regarding the additive issue is easy. The onus lies on the user to prove it actually works! :p

But FIAT keeping mum on any service interval for the injectors is a bit odd. An interval like 1,00,000km's would've been fine.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Injectors are covered in extended warranty only upto 80000 Kms.Any clam above that is getting rejected according SA in TASS.He advised me to get the injectors cleant before 80000 kms(since i have already completed 63500 kms) at a cost of Rs. 6000, in case any prob with the injectors it can be claimed in EW.The injectors are removed and sent to Bosch for cleaning and diagnosis.
    Injector do get deposits in long run and thus it effects the performance of the engine, cleaning will help increasing the the engines life.But am scared after cleaning if not fitted properly then....... (TASS reputation in performing high technical jobs or also nothing can match engines factory fitting )
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Varin

There is no permission to open CRDi injectors unless & until there is no any ecu error.
    Even you have signs of bad injectors. Due to this bogus rule some cars are facing problem of poor performance but no ecu error.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

ECU examiner only tell the operating of injectors & right amount of fuel injected. But examiner can't tell spray format of fuel injection. So if you have bad spray format you may face extremely bad engine performance but no ecu error.