1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    TASS guy told me that Fiat doesn't recommend cleaning agents for its multiljet engines however Tata do that and so does Maruti (50000 Kms service schedule).Injectors are covered upto 80000 Kms under extended warranty as per TASS,so they recommend cleaning before 80000 kms reason being if any problem with the injectors it can be claimed under extended warranty.They remove the injectors and send it o Bosch for machine cleaning at a cost o Rs. 6000.Its a complex job if screwed u r screwed.

Guys anybody has tried additives like STP to clean the injectors.is it safe.I am thinking of doing that since I have completed 64000 Kms.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. In that case, I don't think even the ones in ghaziabad will have any problem in doing it... Let me try tomorrow... Shall update with the outcome at about 1800 - 1900 hrs
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    shikhar10882: Its compulsory to get the PUC done after every 3 months & not after 1 year. Stupid rule, but can't be helped.
  4. @rsinfo: thanks alot....
    but..
    The three months (90 days as it says on the Pollution Under Check Certificate) is the validity of a certificate, and thus the re- certification is required in every three months...
    I was more concerned about the first certification...
    Whether the first certification is required from:
    1. The Three months of taking delivery of the car
    2. Three months from manufacturing date of the car
    3. One year from taking delivery of the car
    4. One year from date of manufacturing of the car
    5. Immediately as you drive out of showroom....
    If someone can please throw some light on it!!!!
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Engine bay wash & Trip A reset query

Hi friends had couple of queries -
    • Yesterday returned from a long drive. As it was monsoon season and had to traverse through mud roads, car was in a dirty state. Hence decided to get full body wash done. During the wash, what surprised me was he washed the under the hood also! Stopped him to check whether this will lead to any issues. He replied nothing to worry as this is the procedure they follow for all cars! After the wash, started the car and checked for 'warning signals' on Instrumental pannel. Everything was normal and drove off! Just wanted to check with experts here that is it safe to get engine bay area washed??
    • Second query is regarding Trip A reset! My car has run @ 2200 kms till date and since day one have never reset the Trip A! But today while driving am noticing that somehow Trip A details was reset! Just wanted to know whether after certain kms, will the Trip A gets reset automatically?

E5 Image690.jpg
  6. @punto_emotion: as per my knowledge:
    1. The washing of engine bay area is not a matter of concern if (a) done at a place that knows the car and (b) is properly dried of with compressed air or else water residuals at some unwanted places can cause some 'not so smooth' operations. I remember my Alto causing 'missing' after an engine bay wash - reason - there were water residuals on one of the spark plugs. The car came back to life once the same was dried.

2. About Trip A reset: well, personally I have not faced any such problem so far, however, it might be useful to check whether the whole system was reset, e.g., your trip B data, your blue and me settings and everything. If that is the case, it could be that the battery wire was unplugged while washing the car engine bay, that caused the re-set.
    1 person likes this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the reply! Yes, the guy did dry it with compressed air!

Nope, none of the other parameters like Trip B, Blue Me settings, Media player settings are changed!
  8. In the Fiat manual it shows like this:

Reset can be:
    – “manual” resetting by the user, by pressing
    the relevant button;
    –“automatic” resetting,when the “Trip distance”
    reaches 3999.9 km or 9999.9 km
    (according to the type of display) or when
    the “Travel time” reaches 99.59 (99 hours
    and 59 minutes);
    2 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My experience: during my Leh/Bhutan trips, I selected Trip A for individual legs and Trip B for whole trip; both the times, Trip B got reset by itself just before 5 k km and I lost precious cumulative trip details.:( Now, I have decided to try the other way around for my next mega trip, i.e., Trip A for cumulative records and Trip B for individual legs. Let me experiment.
    1 person likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Many thanks buddy!

Thats sad to know! Yeah, it hurts to loose those statistics! And I always follow the latter method suggested by you Ravi Sir. I use Trip B for individual milestone and Trip A for over all!
    1 person likes this.