1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I had got the PUC done from a petrol pump in Gurgaon. I am not sure why TJet PUC should be different from others. Any pointer will help
  2. During first service of my Linea, a when I inquired about availability of tutela professional SC-35 he advised me to use shampoo that I use for myself. I heard this for first time so I did not believe him but now going thru this thread I am sure that it can be used without any harm!
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I tried to get a PUC for my Jet yesterday at this IOC pump in East of Kailash (next to Tagore Intl School). The operator said he doesn't have the model fed into his system. He advised me to go to Nehru Place for this but I didn't find time. I will try and go there next week.

@rsinfo: If you find a pump which does the PUC for the jet in South Delhi, pls drop me a pm as well. I'm in GK-I.
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I am not sure the reason is the water splashing ,still I have doubt on that.
    Yeah I have splashed water many times.. you know kerala highways are not that good so..

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

hehe Diagnosis was funny.. I have explained all my experience in "Check engine light" thread.. I had to go to service center three times, on the third visit They have kept my car for 5 days!! then finally told me that its turbocharger issue(some leaking or something).. They told that either it could happened due to collision(It never happened till now ) or water splashing continuously.. I had to do rainy day driving before too... out of 25k of my puntos total run at least 3k was in heavy rain.. So I also thought the same way.. but I cant believe them 100% as its too hard to believe Turbocharger got damaged due to water splashing ..
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have driven more than 200 Kms in rain,didnt found any problem,but yes i found some thing wierd this might be common in all cars while passing over water for that moment i felt like my car is in air no grip nothing,not a feel in the steering this might be due to right hand side of tires only was in water.its better to avoid passing over the water clog at high speeds.This i felt with punto's weight,dont know about the light weight hatch.
  6. this phenomena is quiet normal,this happens due to buoyancy..when tires glide over water there will be no/very less traction..its always better to drive slowly over water clogged areas,and better to stay in lower gears if silencer is submerged under water and keep the revv harder..
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    @speedJet: the PUC can't be done as the RPM is not stable when accelerator is pressed. The rpm have to be within a range for 30-60 seconds for the reading to be registered. Previously I used to get it done from Patparganj [near Him Motors], but that centre has closed down.

@nkapoor777: the model no. is not pre-fed in the computer. 99% of the centres can't do PUC of these advanced cars & they just tell you to move on with one excuse or other.
  8. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Moderator, plz shift this thread to appropriate section.
  9. Shit!!! That's scary... Man... I am located in Ghaziabad... Do let me know of the nearest place where I can get my PUC..
    BTW... I was under the notion that the cars do not need a PUC certificate for the first year of running.. But... I am not sure if the first year is counted from the date of manufacturing or date of registration of the vehicle... If someone can please throw some light on that...
    If it is in noida, not a problem cause GIP is a regular weekend hangout for me, but... It will be helpful if someone can please point out where in noida...

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

@speedjet and @viveksonkhla... Looking forward for inputs from you guys, as it seems you have been getting the PUC done!!!
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The petrol pump in Gurgaon (sector 14, MG Road) from where I got it done, only asked if it is petrol or diesel; told me to switch on the engine and then gave me the PUC. So looks like either Gurgaon pumps do not do it properly and Delhi guys are pretty strict about it