1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. venky1957

venky1957 Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    The doors are not locking manually from outside. Only the right front door is getting locked. All other doors are not getting locked. During drive, after crossing 20 kmph speed, all doors are locking themselves. what could be the reason?
  2. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Ecodrive Suggestion on Shifting Gears for Fiat Linea MJD

Hello All,

I upgraded the Blue and Me firmware and was using Ecodrive for a couple of months now. When using the Ecodrive PC application, I got this message that my gear shifting pattern is poor and I am wasting fuel.

It also showed me a small animation on the shift from 1st to 2nd gear.

Now, the red needle in the meter moves and I guess it represents the RPM at which I am changing from 1st to 2nd.

So should I shift from 1st to 2nd at 2000 RPM?

Also, whats the RPM ranges for Fiat Linea MJD across 1st to 5th Gear?

Please help!!
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Ignore those messages. They are recommended for 1.6 MJD with 6 gears no use for 1.3 MJD with 5 gears
  4. venky1957

venky1957 Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    door lock problem

Hi all TFIians
    I am experiencing typical door lock problem. When opened from inside (driver side), sometimes it opens that door only. similarly locking also the same door. But when the car reaches 20 kmph, all the locks are coming on. What could be the reason.:sad1
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Had this issue in my Punto. Similar to you, manual locking and unlocking was intermittent but the auto speed lock was absolutely fine. Found out a couple of wires were cut (not sure how). Rectified at TASS with in 10 mins (benefits of having people who can troubleshoot Fiat cars well - something of a rarity obviously).
  6. jaisha.b

Timing chain repalcement in low mileage(54000km) Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pk

i am using Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pk 2009 model.now it has got a high engine sound dealer suggested to replace the timing chain and since i was a bit late for last periodic service,they are rejecting warranty.As you all know the purpose of using Timing chain instead of Timing belt is achieving greater mileage,this is clearly a manufacturing defect from vendor,so it should be replaced in warranty.i informed the service people that 2009 model linea and punto has got issues with Timing belts and some customers got it replaced free of cost recalling the vehicle.But the dealer is saying it is for some specific chasis numbers only.

7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    TJet PUC in Delhi

Anybody knows where I can get the PUC done for TJet+ in Delhi, preferably in South Delhi ? Most of the PUC checking centres are not able to do it as the RPM is not stable in the range of 2000-2500 rpm.
  8. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

same here mate, its not cooling at all in my MJD too! I am going to take it to TASS next week, and ask them to contact Fiat for the same too here in Delhi. Any mods or any expert who can provide update on the same?
  9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet

If you live in south Delhi... just drive down to Noida or Gurgaon and get PUC done there... These Delhi PUC centers are of no use. Its a once a three month exercise so instead of trying in Delhi and getting tired just drive few KM.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

AFAIK there's no recall for MJD's Aircon.They have always been the best when it comes to cooling :up