1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. arian

arian Amatore

did they charge you for it?
  2. Extended warranty issue for my FIAT PUNTO 1.3 --Please guide how to proceed

Hi All,

I have given my Punto at RF motors cochin for some noise from the powersteering .Service guys told that this is the issue with power steering box which needs to be replaced . But later they convayed that exteneded warranty has been rejected by FIAT since I havent replace my power steering oil before extended warranty started . I have done my 45k service from RF motors just 2months before it has gone to extended warranty .Now Service center denying warranty becase I havent informed them to replace the power steering oil .I have some questions which I need expert advice

1) is it the responsibility of the customer to insist which all services to be done during each periodic service
    2) they hav egiven the message that before 2 yr or 60km there is a mandatory powersteeing oil replace ment to be done for Punto 1.3 instead of steering oil topup

Please advice how to proceed further

Thanks & regards,

3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    You both are responsible.
    But loss is yours, so owner must read the thing to be chnages in specific service, in booklet.
    But you must fight with your service center why they didn't inform you to get it changes.

You can try asking him and Fiat to prove that power steering issue is due to oil only.
  4. Now Also Am not sure the service manual where it is mentioned that before entring extended warranty period mandatory oil replacement to be done other than periodic service .In 45k service they have replaced all the oil changes except this power steering oil

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Ravi ,

Please giude me in the following

before 2 yrs is it a mandatory oil change or a top up to be done for powersteering .In manual I read only oil topup .

5. teky

teky Esperto

It's the responsibility of the service centre and not you. According to the manual all the fluids will be replaced at 2 Years or 60K KM's. So if the service centre comfortably ignored to perform what they are supposed to do, who is to be blamed?

Please talk to the CRM at service centre patiently and explain him the same.
  6. Ravi

Grande Punto 1.3
    It is mentioned to replace the power steering oil in 2 years.

steering oil.jpg
  7. kvmoorthy

The oil changes were to be checked/changed as per the Service schedules. In case they have not done that the accountability is with the Service center. In the Owners Manual/Service book you would be given the details of things to checked at regular intervals. Let me cross check if they have given Steering oil check,but I remember reading it.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Prasanth in this case I strongly believe that the Service center needs to take the responsibility. They have to check for all the given details and there would be a checklist from their end to check the same. try getting a sample of the checklist followed there and cross check if the Streering Oil check is listed.

Also did Fiat inspect the part/car? Was the part send to them? In case no for both how could Fiat say the issue is due to Sterring oil?
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

So Ravi for the 2yr service (30 k service)we need to change all these oils ? I mean Brake / clutch fluid, engine coolant, transmission oil , engine oil & power steering oil :eek: ? Then the service charge is going to be on the higher side. Bud does TASS generally change all these for the 2nd year service ?
  9. Ravi

Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju, most of the time I see that SA advise against it to keep the service cost in check, and also for them it means less free service work.
    But I strongly suggest to change it all, total cost goes up by couple of thousands, but worth it considering service is only once a year.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Extended warranty guys are known for denying the warranty for a simple reason. In my case my TURBO got bad (play in the propeller) in 63000 kms after around 3 years.I was denied extended warranty as in my 60000 km service which was done in 55000 kms (1 year or 15000 Km) the TASS didn't change the air filter. I had got the Rack changed under EW just 8 months back without any problem.I was told that they cant do anything and I have to approach the TASS (where service was performed) that why they didn't change when they were suppose to do all changes.When i confronted with them why my last EW claim for the rack was not denied they (wasan Motors , Mumbai) justified " air filter in not associated with Rack and they shrug there responsibility without any advise, how to go about.These guys are somewhat discouraging the EW work as they dont receive the amount in time.The adviser showed me that amount of my last EW claim is still not arrived.His words " Sir u have to pay the full amount now and we will refund you once the claim amount comes". I protested and asked them to give in writing and they immediately accepted the EW job.

I went to the service center (Om Sai service)where i got my lasts service done and they were honest to accept that they normally dont change the air filter before 15000 ( as my service was done in 11000 km from the last one) so they cleant and refit it back but all was done without I getting informed and this was the prob as I thought that the air filter is changed .The manager made few calls and got my TURBO replaced ( Recon one as normally done in extended warranty) within 3 days and reaffirmed that future problems will be taken care by FIAT and him and my EW is valid.I was impressed by the service provided by TASS(Om sai service, kandivli, Mumbai).They were organized,the manager (Mr. Manoj Shetty)is well informed of the technical details and he took personal interest in the work. My car was delivered properly cleant and all small things being take care off. Wasan Motors,Mumbai where I gave my car first for TURBO issue is really unorganized place as advisers doesn't know whats happening and who is responsible for what.They kept my cars in the center for 7 days to get the denial from the insurer that that too after my constant calls / pressure.

I strongly recommend OM SAI SERVICE for Fiatians in Mumbai.

Now regarding the PS oil change and Tran oil change you have to do in 60000 kms or 2 years.In my case the dealer said its not necessary but I got it done as had to secure the EW.In my case it was helpful as my rack got changed under EW after 2 1/2 years at 58000 Kms.

You should speak to Fiat and tell them that the TASS didn't advise you to change the oil.I think they will help you.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012