1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    No manufacturer covers locks in extended warranty, no idea about luxury cars.when I got the rack changed under extended warranty at 60000 kms my mechanic was surprised that how Fiat changed the rack under extended warranty and that too after 60000 Kms as rack comes under suspension part.
  2. Fuel Sensor/indicator not working..

Today i took my linea Mjd out... was in reserve condition (indicator glowing we i started the drive).... I drove 5 kms from my house..parked it and went to attend a function... after coming out , i started my linea mjd... and moved a little. i noticed the fule indicator needle on MID is showing empty and the low fuel indicator lamp blinking... i was not sure on what is happening!!!.... (1) i haven't driven far enough for the reserve to become empty (2) low fuel warning was not displayed on the MID..... I took her to a nearby HP bunk and filled here with 11 litres of diesel (fuel for Rs.500/-)... but still the needle is showing empty with the warning lamp blinking however low fuel warning is not displayed on the MID... i drove my linea to my home 10kms after dropping off some relatives in their house... during this journey,,, the needle was till stuck at empty, lamp blinking but no message on the MID...
    Can fellow TFIans help me in finding out what could be the problem with my indicator..... thinking of taking my car to TASS.... but would like to know, if anyone else has experienced this problem or is there a DIY to correct it...
  3. HMV

HMV Timido

Thrissur
    The same happened with me also a few months back. It was working and when the low fuel warning light come I refueled to full tank. The vehicle was switched OFF during refueling. But when switched the car back ON needle was stuck and showing Zero value. As I was a bit busy continued running for around 100 Km. After that when the key was removed and restarted the engine: the needle came back to life. After that no problem till
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I had a problem of incorrect reading in the fuel indicator. It used to show approximately 10 litres less always. If the tank was full it would show only 3/4 full.The problem was corrected temporarily by opening the Fuel tank and adjusting something in the Fuel Pump. Later the problem again came back and KHT changed the fule pump itself under warranty, now its fine for last 1 year.
  5. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Punto is the safest car in the segment for drive. but engine point of view I feel that long distance drive with 80+ speed can cause problems as I had to replace by turbo... that was 400km long trip continues raining and I was above 80km/hr all the time since the handling and grip of the car given me the confidence..I guess MJDs doesnt like ..water splashing
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    thankz gurjinder, thankz fiat fan.
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Your turbo went kaput after driving for 400km in rain with 80+ speed ?
    Could you let us know more detail and also what the Service Guys told you regarding the cause of the damage ?
    Did you spalsh lots of water during the drive ?

I have driven 200 km + many times in heavy rain in NH48, however avoided splashing water.
    I am little concerened please put more info.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can you elaborate on this?

What exactly was the diagnosis by TASS to prove that 400km driving in the rain ruined the turbo. I, for one, do not believe it.
  9. problem with door locks

i am having problem in locking doors of my car.. in fact doors doesn't lock at all. i do lock them but they unlock5 thy themselves.
    even while driving when doors get locked auto after speed limit is crossed then again they get unlocked by themselves..
    its central locking system is also not locking any door.:(
    i called their service assistance and they said i should visit the service center tomorrow.
    will revert again after my visit to service center about the problem and solution..
    Regards to all TFI members
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    One of the door is not getting locked , that why all are getting locked and getting unlocked immediately , if you keenly notice you can find ,
    After you find lock the door lock manually so all will get locked.