1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Why replace the whole assembly..... go to a roadside repair guy...he will take care of this issue in no time... SA will always try to get the part replaced...because "Paisa uske baap ki jeb se nahi jata".
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  2. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is Driver Side lock covered under "extended" warrenty?

I am facing one issue related to lock.

Driver side lock system is not working. Its stuck, Cannot able to open from outside nor from inside and not through KEY.

Other three doors are wroking fine, i mean lock/unlock through remote key and auto lock speed.

I have to get in/out from other side of the door.

I gave my car today to KHT, SA informed me that lock system has to replace and is not cover under warrenlty, charges around 2400 + tax.

I do trust KHT but just for my satisfaction can someone confirm that is lock is covered under warrenty?

KM : 30750
    having extended warrenty.
    3rd service done in march,2012.

Thanks
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I think it must be covered under normal warranty, but for extended warranty may be you have read the term & condition.
  5. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    I got both the rear locks replaced under warranty at KHT. In that case I am sure Front locks also should be covered under warranty.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Its not covered under extended warranty.Before changing the lock show it outside.TASS normally discourage repair as any other service station would do.In my case the plastic on the cable connecting the lever to the lock had come out of the slot. I fixed it myself.take it to some mechanic.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Even my car was recently observed emitting more than normal black smoke by the adviser and Turbo was quoted as the culprit.You can get the TURBO checked but there can be several culprits as in my case it was also increased sound from the TURBO.Lets see the results after the change.The following link can help u in troubleshooting

Troubleshoot a diesel engine
  8. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks all

I check the booklet and didn't found related to this item As per SA this was cover under warranty but not in extended warranty.

Anyway this cost me 1450/- for part(lock) + 850/- for labour + tax = total bill 2433/-

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

I apologize,

My question should be "Is Driver Side lock covered under extended warranty?"
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MODS NOTE- Thread title changed to "extended warranty" query.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    that doesn't sound convincing! if its covered in warranty it should have been covered in ext warranty too unless mentioned explicitely. sometimes they just say that its not covered just to save bit of warranty claim hassles. did you send mail to adit for confirmation?