1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    sat-chit-anand, Please do let me know when you're going. I'd like to join you for that
  2. Sure , I will bet how many days you are still going to be in bangalore?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Dyno wouldn't be much helpful here , Sat.

It would've been ideal had there been a Before and After remap Dyno , on the same dyno, the same day.

But, you can take a bone stock Punto 75 along with yours to the Dyno. Run em both back to back. Then we can somewhat compare a stock 75hp and yours.

Cheers.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    we can always compare the dyno results with the claimed FIAT specs right?

I know there are many parameters to look at here but my hunch is if we get to know the power and torque readings , that should give us a world of info I feel
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    19th Day the car still with them. As per the SA the AC problem has been solved and they are taking up the wind noise issue. They have received the door which will be replaced today. Incase the problem get solved, then it will be painted. I should be taking a trial either today or tommorrow.

Kiran
  6. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    OH My God....19 days to figure out a glitch in the system....you must be having a Nightmare....hope soon you will have your car within your safe protection with all glitches/niggles solved.

7. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Varoon
    Dont knw if SA is referring to bushes near the rear dead axle or bushes within the dead axle. I think the dead axle is a one piece metal frame with no bushes - that is from what I saw (though it has many spot weldings which can leads to noise). If they claim the problem is the dead axle then get it replaced immediately under warranty with a mail to FIAT (though it didnt help in my case). These guys are hesitant to change parts from the suspension or anything close to the suspension post 40000 kms. So claim warranty before u clock too many miles
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Varin & Arian bro..many thanks for the valuable inputs..

My issue got resolved last week after spending 2 days at TASS.Break up for 2 days are as follows.

i have been asking them to check with the dead axle and its peripherals from day 1,but they don't listen to you.

Day 1.Morning they started looking for the root cause,had put my car on lift and checked everything and diagnosed some wire touching fuel tank and pulled that wire away from the tank and said now it will not make that peculiar((chii-chii) noise.

Lift was down and time for the test drive,moment car got away from the hump on the lift,that sound again came chii-chii.Again took car up,now diagonsis was oiling should be done inside rear drum.opened rear drums and cleaned pads with sandpaper and lubed the drums thoroughly.Ho gaya now they said''.

Lift was down again and again same nosie chii chii.
    Guy working on my car Called one fellow who looks after tata cars and asked him about the same,fellow said,"suspension check karna padega".Now they removed whole rear suspension setup and lubed it and said now it should get perfect.

Again noise persisted and this time they said sir,hand brake wire is faulty :lol::lol:,i was like WTF***.it was 6:00 in the evening and asked me to leave my car there at TASS.I did not leave my car and told i will get car tommorow early morning.

Day 2.as per them the culprit was hand brake wire now,i told them them to remove dead axle and have look on that first then dead axle was opened finally and they decided to change the bushes.luckily they had bushes in stock.to remove old bushes they need lathe machine and dont have that machine and sends it to some third party vendor for the removal.Post lunch they got old bushes removed and plonked the new bushes and that chiii chiii is no more....uffff a huge relief.:clap:clap

IMG-20120722-00060.jpg

IMG-20120722-00062.jpg

IMG-20120722-00061.jpg
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Is it Safe to Drive Punto on a Rainy Day?

Monson arriving on time in india this year is it safe to drive on a rainy day? so much water is logged on the road, there is always a fear that water might snick through into the engine and damage the vital parts of MJD. Parts like turbo, injectors or ECU are always at risk. is it possible that water can snick through to the engine, specially at high speed. last week i was driving in heavy rain and was very scared of it.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    It seems that you are new driver after reading this thread. Dont worry about all this and enjoy Punto ride in beautiful monsoon.