1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Yes, it does happen now and then and mostly when the engine is cold. But have you noticed the smoke from the Sunny and Micra! I was literally shocked when I saw brand new ones giving tough competition to trucks!
    1 person likes this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

I'd suggest you to get it checked at TASS if the smoke is more than normal. I recently noticed lots of smoke on my 27K run 90HP (I could see it from the IVRM). I planned to get the 3rd service done during that weekend and drove on for a couple of days. One fine morning, i suddenly lost power (Engine was running) and the Check engine light showed up. I check under the hood and engine oil levels etc but didn't find anything weird.

I used RSA to get it towed to TASS since i didn't want to risk killing the engine if it was a major issue. The SA cranked the engine and immediately told me something is wrong with the TURBO. The mechanic dipped his arm under the Engine and told the Turbo Hose Pipe has gone kaput, there was a 2 inch slit on the pipe. Being a rubber pipe, it wasn't covered under warranty.

I asked them why this pipe would normally fail and they replied that there is no specific reason but it might happen if you rev really hard in lower gears. I normally short shift and am into higher gears as soon as possible. Donno why it happened.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

I think the rubber beading of brake light is the culprit.
    Check with TASS if that part is available if not stick a double sided tape.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Get the rubber beading around bottom of the tail light replaced...this would do the trick for you.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Thanks , I will get it done this Saturday.
  7. puntojith

Just the discussion I wanted...so if the only difference between the two models is the turbo, does it mean that the 75bhp power train can actually handle much higher torque and power? In that case if I decide to boost the power later sometime in my 75hp, it should not be problem right? Another crazy question, instead of meddling with the ECU and stuff, can I just buy a VGT and install it in my car for the extra power:grin:??
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Thanks vjvi,jummu,it has helped,again I think I got the diagnosis right because of you guys.You all are knowledgeable,now comes the task of making the TASS guys understand.The amount of smoke was too much to digest,just like from a truck.Let me see.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

FGT to VGT conversion is not just plug and play there are far more things to it than meets the eye. I think we have a separate thread where this FGT->VGT is discussed quite broadly please go through it.
    Secondly If you ask me you can easily tune you're ECU to generate the power needed without hassle. Its anyway much much cheaper than physically replacing turbo and all other parts that go with it.
    It is also said that FGT has a better life than VGT ( so why do you want to intentionally pay more to get less ?? )
  10. I have seen driven a swift with FGT at 102 BHP at the engine,my punto should some where near to 90 BHP.
    I am planning to do a Dyno to confirm it.