1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Sorry for asking, but is FGT and VGT..kind of these terms are new to me.
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Fixed Geo turbo...and Variable Geo turbo...please google for more details..
  3. Water entering boot door through stop light

Folks,

Rain water is entering inside of the boot door causing rust near the boot door latch,apparently there is 2.5 mm gap between stoplight plastic and body of the door.

I had already got the boot door painted once internally,Please check whether you have gap i mentioned in your cars?

-Sat
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Huge smoke from the exaust pipe??!!

:confused:,Last week when I saw the Linea leaving,I was shocked to see the amount of smoke emitted from the exaust pipe,it was as much as you see from a Lorry running on diesel+kerosine mixture,I've never seen this kind in my car earlier.My car has done 48,000kms,an MJD,due for service at 50,000 kms.
    Am worried,more so because we have to diagnose the problem and tell the TASS guys.
    Guys,any idea????

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Is it because of adulterated fuel??,anyways am filling up at the same station all the while
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Harness is being replaced in my car. I doubt the problem is with the harness/connectors.

2012-07-24-683 (2).jpg

2012-07-24-686.jpg

2012-07-24-687.jpg
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can you post a picture. I am not able to locate the place.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    All diesel cars do that sometimes. From Indica to Audi Q7, i've seen all emits gobs of black smoke when the driver puts the pedal to the metal or when the engine is lugged.

It's a diesel , dude!

Don't give it a second thought. Enjoy the drive.
  8. I will post the actual picture but for now here is one sample,water is entering the hallow space in the rear boot door.
    I mean exactly there 2 mm gap between center stop light plastic(red in color) and the metal(blue)

fiat-grande-punto-full-rear-view-119.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Some months back, I noticed a pool of water under the spare wheel, and I was not able to locate the cause. That was during last years monsoon and I thought it was due to water splashing from the wheels while driving through water-logged areas. I had done a 400kms long trip a few days before that. I even suspected that this would have been caused during the wash at TASS. This was a one time thing and didnt happen again.

Now I supect thiscould be the cause.
    1 person likes this.
  10. What a coincidence, I had around 7 lts of water in the same boot ,it was the heavy rain in Gokarna that contributed to it.